- Mission Support and Test Services (MSTS) has an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to lead projects providing solutions to national security challenges. This opening is located in Santa Barbara, CA. | - Will manage medium projects ($5-20M TPC). | - Responsible for all aspects of the project over the entire life-cycle (initiation, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, and closing). | - Experience with sensors, situational awareness software applications, systems integrations, and managing multiple and sometimes competing requirements. | - Experience interfacing with Department of Defense personnel is preferred. | - Strong background in project management and best practices, with an ability to understand technical problems and potential solutions. | - Work in a matrix environment, crossing software, hardware, and manufacturing departments to meet the need of a common sponsor group.
- Provide highly specialized expert knowledge to solve complex quality assurance problems across multiple organizations in support of nuclear facility operations. | - Integrates and coordinates a team of qualified quality assurance personnel to provide support to other organizations and ensure that activities comply with laws, codes, orders, and policies and procedures. | - Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to both internal and external parties. | - Provides cross-disciplinary integration and implementation of corporate quality programs. | - Serves as an organizational resource and adviser to the organizational team and an adviser to senior management on project status and issues related to nuclear facility quality. | - Plans, directs, leads, or performs independent assessments and surveillances using quality technical standards and practices to ensure process control and compliance. | - Develop long range plans and needs in the areas of quality assurance to support new or proposed future missions. | - Promote team member development through mentoring, guiding, training, and coaching to ensure staff are appropriately trained and meet appropriate qualifications. | - Communicates with senior managers, peers, and subordinates in the organization and well as with other company organizational units on matters related to quality | - Participate in early stages of planning activities, developing proposals or deliverables that are effective and provided within schedule. | - Consults with senior line organization managers on quality matters to ensure that procedures and work practices comply with the quality programs and governmental requirements. | - Provides training, mentoring, and technical guidance to less experienced Quality Assurance personnel to assist and ensure they complete their required qualifications.
- Primarily provides geometric dimensioning & tolerancing (GD&T) inspection activites supporting precision machining. Operates precision inspection equipment such as coordinate measuring machines. | - Maintain comprehensive company level QC program implementing documents (Welding, Inspection, Pressure Safety and Materials Testing). | - Provide interpretations of codes and standards and mentor employees on procedural adherence to these processes. | - Perform oversight, through independent quality control inspections and verifications, of items, systems, components, or products that are fabricated or installed by other workers for new or existing facilities and infrastructures. | - Exhibit a high degree of technical knowledge and skills to execute applicable national consensus codes and standards in order to inspect, examine, or test items or products to ensure they meet design requirement. | - Select the appropriate national consensus codes or standards and develop quality inspection criteria to be used to perform inspections. | - Maintain qualification and or certification to perform Quality Control inspection activities based on education, training, experience in one or more of the inspection disciplines (e.g. welding, non-destructive examination/testing, boilers and pressure systems, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, materials testing and verification, concrete, soils, anchoring, etc.). | - Make autonomous judgment during inspections activities to determine whether items, systems, components, or products are acceptable for use, or not, based on design requirements. | - Generate nonconformance reports that document the objective evidence where items or products do not meet design requirements. |
The resonsibilities of the position include the following: | - Candidate will assist in researching, compiling, and analyzing technical data. | - Monitor Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM) tools, endpoint security tools, e-mail gateways, firewalls, network infrastructure devices, and other digital devices for security events. | - Create logical and physical forensic images of digital evidence over the network or directly from hosts. | - Conduct forensic software and hardware validations; maintain forensic hardware and update forensic systems and appliances as necessary. | - Analyze host-based and network-based indicators of compromise and correlate incidents using log analysis, forensics, malware reverse engineering, and other incident response data. | - Participate as part of the Incident Response Team to detect, respond to, contain, and remediate cyber-related threats. | - Seize digital evidence in support of investigations and conducts forensic analysis of digital evidence. | - Create detailed reports of investigative activity for consumption by organizations to include: Human Resources, Legal, Labor Relations, Law Enforcement, the federal customer, and others. | - Review cyber security threat information and assists with mitigating vulnerabilities. | - Use established standards, practices, and procedures as well as an increasing technical knowledge to solve problems and complete projects. | - Perform other related duties as assigned. | - Perform related work as assigned by supervisor | |
- Work closely with world-renowned experts in the field of linear induction accelerators (LIA) to design, fabricate, commission, and ultimately operate a new world class hydro-test facility at the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS). | - Initially this role will serve as mentee to these LIA experts while designing and fabricating the accelerator system. Future possibilities for this role include taking a lead role in commissioning and bringing to operation the hydro-test facility at the NNSS. | - Work with a team of experts in optimizing radiographic performance of the system and will conduct long-term research to continuously improve system performance and maintain applicability to future U.S. nuclear stockpile and global security needs. |
- Work closely with world-renowned experts in the field of linear induction accelerators (LIA) to design, fabricate, commission, and ultimately operate a new world class hydro-test facility at the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS). | - Initially this role will serve as a mentee to provide technical LIA experts while designing and fabricating the accelerator system. Future possibilities for this role include taking a lead role in commissioning and bringing to operation the hydro-test facility at the NNSS. | - Responsible for helping prepare Mission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS) for its long-term responsibilities in maintaining this new machine. | - Work with a team of experts in optimizing radiographic performance of the system and will conduct long-term research to continuously improve system performance and maintain applicability to future U.S. nuclear stockpile and global security needs |
- Serves as a member of a small team supporting engineers, scientists, and senior technicians in building, testing, and fielding complex diagnostic systems that utilize the following skills: | - Analog and digital electronics, microprocessors and controllers, printed circuit board assembly and troubleshooting, instrumentation chassis assembly and construction, soldering techniques and workmanship standards, | - Experienced in the use of basic and powered hand tools, | - Knowledge of a variety of laboratory instrumentation such as digitizing storage oscilloscopes, | - Digital delay generators, high-bandwidth analog and digital fiber links, and other electronic test and measurement equipment, a working knowledge of computer programming is desirable. | - Mentored by and work under the direct supervision from engineers, scientists, and senior technicians as part of a team working on a variety of diagnostic system development and fielding activities. | - Assigned to work with senior members of the Los Alamos Operations engineering section for work assignments. | - Work collaboratively with a diverse group of scientists, engineers, and technicians developing innovative solutions to customer-driven applied R&D diagnostic systems.
Leads strategic mission development activities to achieve growth objectives that expand NNSS participation in National Security efforts. Demonstrate significant business impact over multiple market segments. Instrumental in networking and determining new business strategy and engagement. Effectively leverage key leaders within the business, senior leaders of government and commercial organizations to identify, develop, negotiate and bring funded projects and ideas into the NNSS. | Key Responsibilities | - Implement planned mission growth initiatives and bring new insight to opportunities outside of traditional work scope | - Evaluate impact of relevant emerging trends and key strategic activities | - Recognize and initiate partnering at a customer/sponsor level as well as with others in the National Security mission space | - Maintain working knowledge of export regulations, and other critical sales roles | - Create, compose and implement external teaming alliances | - Extensive understanding and project work with technology transfer activities | - Develop, plan and execute against assigned growth targets. Forecast two to three years ahead and develop growth strategies to meet emerging requirements | - Implement key enterprise development strategies for long-term growth | - Identify industry and government trends before they are widely understood | - Develop and approve action plans to meet emerging needs | - Work with senior management levels to define key business initiative and strategies | - Maintenance and compliance of business capture process and reporting tools | - Function as knowledge expert on business development processes and procedures, phase gates | - Budgeting responsibilities for all pursuits | - Function as face-to-face customer interface and provide needs identification with Flag Officers, Admirals, Generals, civilian leadership and other non-federal executive client relationships to include Vice President and President levels | - Understand and address underlying customer needs beyond those initially expressed | - Use program development and negotiation skills with customers | - Mentor and coach others within the organization and NNSS sites on business development activities | - Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established environment, safety, and health requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment | Scope of responsibility is dependent on level: | | Manager I - < $50M | Manager II - $50 - $100M | Manager III - > $100M | | | THIS POSITION INVOLVES EXTENSIVE TRAVEL (>50%) |
Provide business support and specialist skills and experience for the Strategy Development and Deployment division managers that support the Strategic Initiatives Directorate. Tasks and activities will include: | - Develop performance metrics in Excel (using Pivot tables and charts) | - Develop process maps and flow charts | - Support maintaining and updating of existing database systems and tools | - Support continuous improvement projects and initiatives providing concierge services (including data, analysis, and reporting) | - Develop project schedules | - Perform technical editing | - Support Continuous Improvement Leaders | - Support Integrated Operations Nevada (ION) Deployment | - Identify potential areas across the enterprise in need of Continuous Improvement using data analysis | - Interface with other organizations and the senior leadership team
| Responsible for both the orderly performance and completion of all procurement commitments through the several steps of bidding, which includes: | - Preparing bidders lists | - Pre-qualifying bidders | - Formatting bid packages | - Issuing bid requests | - Coordinating bidders’ questions | - Receiving bids | - Evaluation of bid proposals | - Supplier selection | - Preparing recommendation documentation to secure approvals for an award in accordance with established policies and procurement procedures and the post award administration functions of purchases | Responsible to also support work, performed by the national laboratories associated with Mission Support and Test Services LLC (MSTS) that generally tends to be proprietary and complex in nature. | - In conjunction with other functional departments, ensures suppliers’ performance of each order is in accordance with the subcontracted terms and conditions and requirements. | - Advises, interfaces, and provides expert guidance to other MSTS personnel as delegated on matters relating to the processing of requisitions for the purchases and subcontracting of goods and services. | - Prepares and develops Subcontract and Purchase Order strategies and recommend methods for review and presentation to senior and client management. | - Considers applicable laws, commercial conditions, economic climate, and other factors that affect the purchasing of materials, equipment, and services. | | Comply with department requirements and procedures. | - Prepares and maintains bidder lists to ensure input is received from all procurement functions and other operational groups as well as ensuring appropriate provisions are reflected in the general, special and pricing conditions of the Subcontracts and Purchase Order forms. | - Reviews Offeror recommendations for completeness and approves selection of suppliers within delegated approval authority. | - Ensures all commitments are accurately presented and follow established approval and signing authorities contained in procurement procedures. | - Reviews and recommends bid selections that require higher Procurement approval authority. | - Executes commitments within delegated approval authority. | - Directs negotiations and prepares proposed negotiated plan in the commitment and resolution of commercial conditions of subcontracts and purchases when such action is agreed as necessary. | - Performs related work as assigned by supervisor. | | Accept individual responsibility and accountability for environment, safety, health, and quality processes within personal control, personal safety, and the safety of co-workers. | - Comply with established regulations and procedures for environment, safety, health, and quality and perform duties in a way that will not cause personal danger, endanger other individuals, or violate environment, safety, health, and quality regulations. | - Promptly correct or report any hazard or potential hazard to supervision. | - Understand the principles associated with the Mission Support and Test Services LLC (MSTS) safety concept. | - Participate in and embrace MSTS environment, safety, health, and quality initiatives.
We are seeking a highly skilled recruiter experienced in sourcing and hiring Scientific, Technical, Engineering, and Math (STEM) talent to provide full-cycle recruiting to efficiently and effectively fill technical positions. Our Senior Technical Recruiter will play a critical role in ensuring we hire the best possible STEM talent necessary to deliver important mission objectives. You will: | - Quickly source active and passive candidates through a variety of methods such as social media, external job boards, user groups, professional networking, direct sourcing, and cold calling | - Work with hiring managers to identify current and future technical talent needs, develop and execute recruiting plans, and research and present unique recruiting strategies | - Develop and implement sucessful sourcing strategies for hard-to-fill STEM positions | - Build networks and develop a pipeline of qualified STEM talent through social media, professional organizations, and college and university partnerships | - Post openings using social media, professional organizations, job advertisements, and recommend other appropriate venues as needed | - Attend career fairs and give presentations to support STEM recruiting and awareness of Nevada National Security Site career opportunities | - Maintain effective relationships between Talent Acquisition, and hiring managers in order to provide superior and efficient placement of future employees | - Ensure compliance with relevant employment laws and practices and recommend/participate in improvement initiatives for internal processes | - Provide life-cycle recruiting for non-STEM positions as needed
- The successful candidate will be reporting to the STL Information Sciences Department Manager. | - Duties will include the management of software development activities and functional management of a team of software development experts. | - Responsibilities will include management of project teams, in addition to gathering requirements, develop scoping, resource management and tracking deliverables and overall application of management tools and rigor. | - Create project reports as needed, including tracking personnel, and all financial, programmatic and technical details. | - Responsible for assisting the Information Sciences Department Manager and the Division Manager in rebuilding an internal capability in quality assurance, software version release, software development, and growing project diversity. Familiarity with the RaptorX software suite is a plus. | - A prime duty of the successful candidate will be to identify key personnel positions, to recruit those positions and to identify a path toward incentivizing and retaining the right team. | - This posting is for a Special Technologies Laboratory position and will require on-site location in Santa Barbara, California.
- MSTS has an opportunity at their Special Technologies Laboratory Santa Barbara, CA location for an engineer to support national security initiatives in the use of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS). | - Support the integration of commercial of the shelf (COTs) and custom hardware on UAS’s of opportunity. | - Support the design, layout, testing, and deployment of UAS payloads. | - Will need to learn to use Solidworks-mechanical design, Altium-schematic capture and PCB layout, and situational awareness software. | - Must be willing to participate in field experiments as part of the testing of the payloads. | - The successful candidate will work on similar projects that are not related to UAS’s as needed. | - This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to contribute to more than just another job. | - Some travel will be required
- MSTS is seeking talented senior level software engineers to join our staff of scientists, engineers, and technicians in Santa Barbara, CA. | - Seeking individuals who are passionate about working on challenging national security issues, and supporting those who make a difference in that domain. | - Successful candidate will contribute to architectural design, advise project managers, help develop requirements, develop, review and debug code, assist Quality Assurance with testing and systems integration, collaborate with other engineering personnel, assist with documentation, and contribute to ensuring up-to-date technologies are integrated into existing and new designs. | - Successful candidate will be expected to work independently, recognize when they require assistance, be willing to mentor and help develop junior personnel, apply problem solving skills to team tasks, and effectively interact with stakeholders. | - Candidates must be able to work on both distributed and in-house teams. | - Some travel will be required.
- MSTS has an opportunity at their Special Technologies Laboratory Santa Barbara, CA location for an entry level engineer to support national security initiatives in the use of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS). | - Support the integration of commericial off the shelf (COTs) and custom hardware on UAS’s of opportunity. | - Support the design, layout, testing, and deployment of UAS payloads. | - Will need to learn to use Solidworks-mechanical design, Altium-schematic capture and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) layout, and situational awareness software. | - Must be willing to participate in field experiments as part of the testing of the payloads. | - Successful applicant will work on similar projects that are not related to UAS’s as needed. | - Some travel will be required.
- MSTS is seeking talented software engineers to join our staff of scientists, engineers, and technicians in Santa Barbara, CA. | - Seeking individuals who are passionate about working on challenging national security issues, and supporting those who make a difference in that domain. | - Successful candidate will contribute to full lifecycle software development, developing requirements, assisting project managers, developing, reviewing and debugging code, assisting Quality Assurance with testing and systems integration, collaborating with other engineering personnel, providing documentation, and monitoring and managing bugs. | - Successful candidate will be expected to work independently, recognize when they require assistance, be willing to mentor and help develop junior personnel, and apply problem solving skills to team tasks. | - Candidates must be able to work on both distributed and in-house teams. | - Some travel will be required.
- MSTS is seeking talented entry level software engineers to join our staff of scientists, engineers, and technicians in Santa Barbara, CA. | - We are seeking individuals who want to work on challenging national security issues. | - The successful candidate will be a junior level Software Quality Assurance Engineer in the Software Engineering group. Responsibilities will include development of automated testing scripts, planning and documenting software testing plans, requirements review and tracking of quality assurance metrics, testing software applications, documenting and tracking bugs, hardware integration, configuration management, building installers, assisting in management of government cloud services, and making a contribution as part of a quality assurance team serving the needs of multiple stakeholders. | - The successful candidate will take direction from senior staff and work closely with software developers. | - There will be some travel to sponsor sites for testing or experiments. | - This is an opportunity to grow a quality assurance career with a dedicated team ready to mentor.
- Serve as a Senior Infrastructure Analyst for the Emergency Communications Network (ECN) Department at the Remote Sensing Laboratory, Nellis (RSLN) on Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada. | - The Senior Infrastructure Analyst is responsible for supporting ECN programs and projects. | - The Senior Infrastructure Analyst will manage and assist with the installation, operation, and maintenance of the network infrastructure equipment including CISCO routers, switches and Communications Managers. | - Write technical proposals, procedures and preparing network design documentation. | - Provide Network and System diagnostics, troubleshooting, reconfiguration, service restoration and tracking as required. | - Support national emergency response groups’ emergency response drills, exercises, and real world events through on-call availability and travel via commercial and military aircraft when required. | - Contribute in a team environment to evaluate new technologies provide technical troubleshooting support, and provide recommendations for the direction of future LAN/WAN Client Server environments. | - Travel as part of an installation or restoration team when directed and participate as a deployed member of the National Emergency Response Groups when required. | - Promotes project management best practices and continuous improvement.Perform related work as assigned by supervisor. |
- Initially perform in the capacity as Second-in-Command (SIC) in a Bell 412 Helicopter with eventual upgrade to Pilot-in-Command (PIC). | - Initially perform in the capacity as SIC in the B200 airplane with eventual upgrade to PIC. | - Deploy for duration up to two weeks as a crewmember aboard Department of Energy (DOE) aircraft or via commercial means to perform remote sensing missions worldwide. | - Develop written mission planning documents, risk/hazards assessments for missions, perform and provide safety and mission briefings to the technical crew, e.g., mission scientists, and electronic technician/operators. | - Perform related work as assigned by supervisor.
MSTS is seeking a full-time Board Certified Occupational Medicine physician to serve as the Deputy Medical Director. This position will report directly to the Site Occupational Medical Director and is responsible for the medical aspects of the company in their absence. The Deputy Medical Director will establish and maintain a solid reputation for clinical excellence, compassionate care, and provide treatment to a diverse clientele. Work location will rotate between the Nevada National Security Site and North Las Vegas clinics. This position will provide clinical duties as assigned including but not limited to: | - Serves as coach and mentor to advanced practitioners, nursing and clinical support staff | - Occupational and non-occupational injury/illness evaluation, triage and treatment | - Pre-placement examinations | - Medical surveillance/qualification examinations | - Oversee and facilitate the implementation of health surveillance criteria | - Identify and track adverse health effects and facilitate follow-up health evaluations regarding those findings | - Serve as a Medical Review Officer (MRO) for all drug testing requirements | - Work closely with Industrial Hygiene staff to stay familiar with worker exposure and monitoring | - Utilize training and expertise to determine and monitor employee work restrictions | - Develop support documentation to provide procedure guidelines for best practice functions within the clinical setting | - Interface with outside departments to provide medical guidance for employee participation in physical fitness activities | - Provide backup for on-call duties with the paramedics and Emergency Operations Center. | - Assist onsite Emergency Medical Services (EMS) personnel in extending scope of practice response events | - Manage subordinates in a clinical setting | - Maintain compliance with all State, Federal and Department of Energy regulations and requirements | | In addition, this position is responsible for medical aspects of the Human Reliability Program (HRP) as defined in 10 CFR Part 712 and functions as the Designated Physician and backup Physical Protection Medical Director (PPMD) for 10 CFR 1046. Assists the Site Occupational Medical Director in ensuring the clinical aspects of the site medical program meet the requirements as outlined in 10 CFR 851.