| - Provides field support for dynamic physics experiments within Stockpile Stewardship science program. | - Work with engineers and scientists in the development and fielding of electrical, optical, and laser diagnostic data acquisition systems. | - Responsible for operating diagnostic equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, delay generators, spectrum analyzers, fiber optic inspection and cleaning equipment, optical time domain reflectometers, spectrum analyzers, etc. | - Assists in researching, extracting, analyzing and compiling system documentation, data acquisition, and technical data. | - Be a team member on specific event diagnostics as skills and experience permit. | - As a member of field support, must be able to adapt to diverse field environments. | - Must be competent in basic electronic work. | - Assists in researching, extracting, analyzing and compiling technical data. | - Assists in the preparation of reports, graphs, proposals, studies and correspondence. | - Assists in preliminary engineering analysis, conceptual design and engineering calculations. | - Assists in and review project design and technical documents. | - May perform drafting assignments, revise prints and prepare sketches. | - Work locations will include the North Las Vegas Facility and the Nevada National Security Site.
- Devises imaginative, thorough, and practical solutions requiring evaluation of standards and processes. | - Solutions may be unique. | - Coordinates execution of assigned projects. | - Works independently and with working groups with diagnostic development and or deployment. | - Use of technical principles, theories, and concepts. | - Follows specific established engineering and technical procedures and instructions. | - Exercises discretion and judgment in collaboration with peers regarding how principles and methods are selected for and applied to work. | - Contributes to strategies, reports and technical proposals. | - Supports field programs and designs using pre-determined principles and practices. | - Guides implementation and utilization of technology for both experimental and operational needs. | - Assists in performing design and technical analysis activities using prescribed codes and standards, computer software, and generally accepted best management practices. | - Builds teaming relationships with technical colleagues and other company organizations. | - Follows specific established engineering and technical procedures and instructions. | - Assists in defining specifications for procurements and initiates purchase requests. | - May monitor the work of and provide guidance to technicians and other support personnel, working on their projects. | - Assist in the development, improvement, and systematization of organizational processes and procedures for engineering design control and documentation, as well as the organization’s configuration management processes. | - Assist in the development of processes relevant to electrical and software design in support of the organization’s applied engineering work. | - Work locations will include the North Las Vegas Facility and the Nevada National Security Site.
- Performs work of limited scope and basic complexity, generally in support of more senior Scientist/Engineer’s. | - Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope. | - Focus is on applying academic knowledge to the work and developing good work/team habits. | - Assists in data collection, compiling and summarizing data. | - Works under direct supervision with general guidance from more experienced Scientist/Engineer's with diagnostic development and or deployment. | - Limited use of technical principles, theories, and concepts. | - Follows specific established engineering and technical procedures and instructions. | - Exercises discretion and judgment in collaboration with peers regarding how principles and methods are selected for and applied to work. | - Contributes to solutions of assignment-related problems and issues with a limited scope, solutions may require evaluation of standards and processes. | - Supports field programs and designs using pre-determined principles and practices. | - Contributes to designs, strategies, reports and technical proposals. | - Assists in performing design and technical analysis activities using prescribed codes and standards, computer software, and generally accepted best management practices. | - Develops a working knowledge of codes and standards of other disciplines. | - Follows specific established engineering and technical procedures and instructions. | - Assists in defining specifications for procurements and initiates purchase requests. | - May monitor the work of and provide guidance to technicians and other support personnel, working on their projects. | - Assist in the development, improvement, and systematization of organizational processes and procedures for engineering design control and documentation, as well as the organization’s configuration management processes. | - Assist in the development of processes relevant to electrical and software design in support of the organizations applied engineering work. | - Work locations will include the North Las Vegas Facility and the Nevada National Security Site.
THIS IS A CASUAL POSITION | - Perform the following functions: | - Protection of security areas against unauthorized access, staffing fixed access control station. | - Protection of government property by conducting inspections of personnel and materials entering and exiting Special Technologies Lab (STL) facilities. | - Patrolling designated areas and points of security interests, escorting personnel or materials, checking security repositories, secure telephone units, and areas during nonworking hours. | - Apprehending unauthorized persons in security or controlled access areas, destruction of classified waste, preparing required reports in connection with administration of security functions. | - Responding to alarms and communicating with the alarm monitoring control center. | - Responsible for administering, regulating, and controlling the badge system for all personnel and visitors. | - Cite any unsafe activity, procedures, or conditions; help personnel in the event of a natural disaster or civil disturbance. | - Deter any criminal activity and summon the appropriate law enforcement in the event of a crime. | - Interact with outside agencies and respond to emergencies. | - Answer telephone calls to include access control post numbers, general numbers, as well as other forwarded numbers. | - Maintain and submit written reports about inquiries and accidents, shift summaries, and violations of administrative regulations. |
- Lead teams in a diverse and challenging set of hardware/firmware projects, with special emphasis on customized communications systems. | - Define requirements, assess creative solutions, prototype, lead hardware and firmware design reviews, and then customize the hardware and firmware for the application and ensure that the project is well documented. | - Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with customers and project managers, and be willing to mentor and help develop junior personnel, and apply problem solving skills to team tasks. | - Occasionally, you will be required to travel.
- Work on teams executing challenging hardware/firmware projects, with special emphasis on customized communications systems. | - Participates in creative solutions to customer requirements, prototyping, debugging hardware and firmware, participating in design reviews, and then customize the hardware and firmware for the application and carefully document the project. | - Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with team members and project managers, and to learn from senior staff. | - Occasionally, you may be required to travel.
| - Must be able to serve as a network manager for the Emergency Communications Network (ECN). | - Perform the role of ECN architect and be responsible for leading/assisting the Department and Section Managers with various programs and projects. | - Able to lead the network team as their first line manager and identify what training curriculum to provided end users support and maximum network capability. | - Oversee use access to the network and maintain a good user experience. | - Responsible for purchasing and maintaining networking equipment and infrastructure. | - Plan network infrastructure for new applications and services through the CMB Process. | - Must manage projects to include scheduling, budgeting, cost estimates, tracking and report requirements. | - Must manage and ensure implementation of best “current” practices. | - Leads design/deployment/maintenance of new and existing network/security infrastructure capabilities. | - Will write technical proposals, procedures and prepare network design documentation. | - Assist the Information Security Site Manager (ISSM) with execution of their assigned duties. | - Act as liaison and collaborates with Cyber Security, IT staff, Counterintelligence, customers, other organizations (within NvE and at other DOE sites), US CERT and law enforcement. | - Support national emergency response groups’ emergency response drills, exercises, and real world events through on-call availability and travel via commercial and military aircraft when required. | - Contribute in a team environment to evaluate new technologies and provide recommendations. | - Must be able to travel as part of an installation or restoration team when directed and participate as a deployed member of the National Emergency Response Groups when required. | - Promotes project management best practices and coaches project team members in applying the necessary skills, knowledge, and abilities that promote project success and continuous improvement. | - Perform related work as assigned by Manager and may direct overall activities on specific assignments.
- Serve as a technician for emergency response operations; deploy in exercise and real-world deployments. | - Assist in deployment and operations of radiation detection instrumentation in field operations. | - Assist in development of radiological emergency response procedures, including equipment operation and application in field operations. | - Assist with the preparation of operations manuals. | - Must be able to plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, adaptation, and modification of standard techniques, guidelines, procedures and criteria. | - Plan and conduct work related to maintaining radiation detection equipment, including routine checks, calibrations, and troubleshooting. | - Develop and conduct training for other emergency responders on the capabilities of specific radiation detection equipment and techniques for use of equipment in field operations. | - Must be willing and able to travel worldwide as a member of National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) emergency response teams. Sometimes under severe conditions, as a member of the NNSA emergency response teams. | - Ability to serve as crew member on board rotary or fixed wing aircraft operating equipment while in flight is essential. | - Perform related work as assigned by supervisor and may direct overall activities on specific assignments. | - Perform other related duties as assigned
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, adaptation, and modification of standard techniques, guidelines, procedures, and criteria. | - Devises new approaches to maintenance, operations, or testing. | - Plans and conducts independent work requiring judgment and experience in the application and devises new approaches to operations problems. | - May provide support and guidance to fellow technical staff in the preparation of designs of systems, structures, and components. | - Performs work that involves conventional practices but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting requirements, unsuitability of conventional methods, or difficult coordination requirements. | - Assists with the preparation of drafting manual and 3D modeling manual. | - Coordinates project assignments among managers, engineers, and project engineers. | - Conducts 3D scans , registration of scans and creation of POD files. | - Modifies existing 3D models for designs modifications and creation of plans or detail cuts for construction drawings. | - Creates 3D models from POD or point cloud files. | - Imports/exports 3D component models from multiple programs (i.e. Solid Works, Creo) and file formats into Architectural 3D models. | - Applies building information into 3D models creating intelligent models. | - Troubleshoots file share/format issues with other agencies. | - Supports the Mechanical, Electrical and Fire Protection (MEFP) Manager in managing configuration of all drafting and modeling software. | - Makes recommendations to MEFP Manager for hardware and software upgrades and changes to maintain a technically capable work environment for Facilities & Infrastructure Engineering. | |
You will work closely with and report to the Procurement Manager and Supply Chain Division Manager. This position requires the individual to be a person of high integrity and any other duties must not be in conflict with the compliance goals and objectives of the organization. | | - Provide staff leadership. | - Coordinate and communicate the approved Procurement program with regard to planning, implementation, and monitoring. | - Resolving compliance issues with procurement representatives, legal counsel and provide input at all levels of the organization. | | Develop, implement and enforce policies, procedures and objectives for the efficient expectation of a compliant procurement organization system and activities. | | - Develop, implement, maintain and monitor the implementation of the procurement compliance program. | - Assist in the implementation of the Quality Assurance Program by reporting quality activities and participating in reviews to ensure quality requirements are met. | - Report on methods to improve efficiency and quality of services, and to reduce the vulnerability to fraud, abuse, and waste within the procurement organization. | - Periodically review and revise the policies and procedures in light of changes to the organization, the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and modifications to the prime contract. | | Provide technical guidance on preparation, solicitation, negotiation, award and administration of procurement documents and coordinate procurement activities. | | - Ensure personnel are current on their delegation of procurement authorities and that personnel maintain their delegation of procurement authority within the compliant procurement system. | - Monitor procurement personnel to ensure they receive appropriate training a development to satisfy job performance criteria and development objectives. | - Coordinate legal matters involving procurement policies, claims, protests, disputes, labor and terms and conditions with the Legal Counsel and Labor Relations. | - Conduct compliance review of major subcontracts and all procurement activities that require the Legal Counsel and Contracting Officer reviews and provide recommendations for improvement or corrections needed. | | Respond to government audits and investigations as the primary point of contact for the Procurement organization, and provide input to corrective actions resulting from audits, independent and management assessments and tracking the corrections to completion. | | - Implement and maintain current written policies, procedures and standards of conduct for the Procurement organization. | - Implement and maintain current clause matrices for the various contract types utilized within the Procurement organization. | - Conduct periodic management assessments and identify compliance issues, concerns and deficiencies with recommended corrective actions and plans. | - Review all procurement related documents and other information that are relevant to procurement compliance activities, including but not limited to, procurement personnel, subcontractors/suppliers, Internal Audit, and other organizations within the company. | - Work closely with key managers to identify risks and trends to ascertain patterns that may require a change in the policies and procedures within the Procurement organization. | | Accept individual responsibility and accountability for environment, safety, health, and quality processes within personal control, personal safety, and the safety of co-workers. | - Comply with established regulations and procedures for environment, safety, health, and quality and perform duties in a way that will not cause personal danger, endanger other individuals, or violate environment, safety, health, and quality regulations. | - Promptly correct or report any hazard or potential hazard to supervision. | - Understand the principles associated with the MSTS safety concept.
THIS IS A PIPELINE REQUISITION TO IDENTIFY QUALIFIED EXTERNAL CANDIDATES FOR POTENTIAL FUTURE JOB OPPORTUNITIES. | | The pulsed power team will be responsible for troubleshoot, maintenance, and upgrades of the pulsed-power systems; beam physics; beam-target interaction physics; injector physics; and design, modeling, development and implementation of new pulsed-power sources and systems relating to accelerator applications. We anticipate openings at the Engineer II and/or Senior Engineer level. We also anticipate that any pulsed power engineering position will require the ability to qualify for a Q clearance. | | Key Responsibilities - Engineer II | - Contribute to solutions of assignment-related problems and issues with a moderate scope and of moderate complexity, using a well-defined set of technologies. Solutions use established basic standards, practices and procedures as well as technical knowledge to address problems and complete tasks (solutions may require evaluation of standards and processes) | - Participate in developing field programs and designs using pre-determined principles and practices | - Select and implement computer applications for their field | - Prepare or contribute to designs, strategies, reports and technical proposals | - Perform design and technical analysis activities using prescribed codes and standards, computer software, and generally accepted best management practice | - Work with outside contacts as required to obtain relevant information (anticipate frequent coordination of discipline information with other departments within the company and with outside vendors) | - Develop a working knowledge of codes and standards of other disciplines | - Follow established engineering and technical procedures and instructions | - Coordinate work within their discipline on moderately complex projects | - Define specifications for procurements and initiates purchase requests | - Monitor work of technicians and other support personnel working on their projects | Key Responsibilities - Senior Engineer | | In addition to the key responsibilities listed above, positions at a Senior Engineer level will: | - Devise imaginative, thorough, and practical solutions requiring evaluation of standards and processes (solutions may be unique) | - Coordinate execution of assigned projects | - Develop processes, procedures, work instructions | - Prepare procurement requirements and work statements for subcontracts, and evaluates bids | - Contribute to strategies, reports and technical proposals | - Guide implementation and utilization of technology for both experimental and operational needs | - Serve as an internal subject matter expert in pulsed power | - Build teaming relationships with technical and other company organizations | - Develop equipment or work specifications, evaluates bids and makes recommendation for awards of purchase contracts | - Perform design and technical activities that require interpretation and correlation of codes and standards, complex computer software, and unique processes and procedures tailored for the work being executed | - Support field programs through assessment and interpretation of field conditions | - Contribute to development of engineering solutions employing new principles, concepts, and/or techniques. Demonstrates advanced communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment | - Serve as lead on teams requiring coordination with other teams | - Define training program for less experienced staff in engineering skills | - Serve as advisor on work of less experienced staff
- Execute a continuum of Organizational Conflicts of Interest (OCI) and Personal Conflict of Interest (PCI) functions to support MSTS LLC M&O across the Prime Contract area of responsibility including technical programs and the execution of mission and research strategies. | - Employ technical knowledge and business acumen to engage MSTS LLC M&O and other NNSS entities, such as programs and divisions, to support the development and execution of business and partnership strategies when an OCI or PCI concern is identified. | - Collaborate with business development functions such as intellectual property management, sponsor interface, proposal development, Contracts, Procurement, Human Resources, and Legal in the negotiation of OCI and PCI risk management strategies. | - Advance OCI and PCI integration through innovative policies and best business practices, and supports institutional partnerships. | - Collaborate with divisions, program, and line management and interacts directly with other federal agency sponsors or non-federal entities, other NNSS Prime Contractors, including industry, universities, and state, local, or foreign governments to support NNSS programs and partnerships, including communicating OCI-PCI-related Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Agency (NNSA) requirements. | - Interpret and analyze Department of Energy Acquisition Regulations (DEAR) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and contract clauses to ensure compliance and to support technical work programs. | - Collaborate with MSTS Legal and others to prepare and provide MSTS OCI-PCI training and Policy/Procedure monitoring and updates to ensure maximum compliance with DEAR and FAR. | | - Assess OCI-PCI health of MSTS and NNSS and reports findings to MSTS Legal and Leadership. | - Review requests for OCI-PCI related reviews, discovers and monitors situations that could potentially create OCI-PCI. | - Work with MSTS Legal to respond to OCI-PCI requests and claims identified by any party, and any method. | - Negotiate and develop OCI-PCI determinations, in partnership with divisions, program, business development and partnership entities and line management, to implement the appropriate OCI-PCI controls, audit, and disclosure that enable mission work and prevent an unfair competitive advantage and/or providing the government with biased technical advice. | - Support the development of strategies and business development plans in collaboration with, and as advisor to, NNSS entities when an OCI-PCI concerns are identified. | - Establish, direct, and coordinate OCI-PCI related mitigation plans and strategies, electronic resources, implementation plans, and communications plans. | - Keep informed about technical trends and developments in government, economic, scientific, and other fields related to division and program mission objectives. | - Provide proposal development consultation and support for OCI-PCI related elements and facilitates corporate OCI-PCI administrative requirements. | - Implement operational concepts to protect government and third-party data. | - Develop strategies to maintain fairness of opportunity for third party access to Sandia capabilities and ensure bias-free technology transfer and product commercialization. | - Work with federal organizations to advance legal and regulatory partnership frameworks. | - Accept individual responsibility and accountability for environment, safety, health, and quality processes within personal control, personal safety, and the safety of co-workers. | - Comply with established regulations and procedures for environment, safety, health, and quality and perform duties in a way that will not cause personal danger, endanger other individuals, or violate environment, safety, health, and quality regulations. | - Promptly correct or report any hazard or potential hazard to supervision. | - Understand the principles associated with the MSTS safety concept. |
The individual in this position will be part of the Program Management Excellence (PMEX) office. The PMEX is responsible to 1) develop excellence in the Enterprise project management processes and tools, 2) develop training course material and educate program and project personnel, 3) surveil project application of the company’s processes, with emphasis on earned value management, to identify areas for commendation and improvement and 4) assist, coach and mentor project personnel and teams. This individual will be responsible to lead one of the three core deliverables and to assist, coach and mentor project personnel and teams. | | Key Responsibilities: | - Lead development and execution of several simultaneous efforts to support program and project teams across the Enterprise | - Guide the development and implementation of the project surveillance program to identify strengths and opportunities for improvement. Possess the acumen to deliver results in a positive team reinforcing manner. | - Lead the establishment of a Project Maturity Model to baseline current company project efficiency and develop a road to the next level of maturity | - Apply project management best practices and processes, such as planning, work authorization, monitoring project performance, and controlling the project baseline | - Develop relationships with program and project teams and build trust | - Support business reviews, information requests data collection, analysis and reporting | - Implement Enterprise program/project management tools, standard program metrics, as well as training, development and communication | - Understand industry accepted best practices and guidelines, and application to business | - Results-focused with successful track record of accomplishments through skilled use of influence, persuasion, negotiation and problem solving
Perform duties of a Project Controls Specialist in support of multiple projects and programs. Interface directly with project and functional team members to obtain required input in a multiple-project environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for a position at one of the following locations: North Las Vegas (Losee Road Facility), the Nevada National Security Site (located 65 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada), Nellis Air Force Base, Andrews Air Force Base (Maryland), Los Alamos,NM, or Santa Barbara,CA. | - Develop, maintain, and monitor performance measurement baselines, including cost and schedule, baseline management and change control, risk management, subcontract management, earned value management, variance analysis, and estimate at completion | - Support the development and execution of project and functional planning | - May serve as an assistant to a Project Manager | - Support for program/project teams in all phases of the project lifecycle (initiation, planning, execution, control, and closure) | - Develop and maintain Primavera P6 schedules to include full loading of resource requirements and integration with the Cobra performance-reporting database | - Develop and maintain performance measurement tools to support planning, estimating, scheduling, and risk analysis of project work | - Assist Project Managers in developing metrics to support the measurement of performance to cost and schedule objectives | - Perform detailed analysis of project costs, performance, forecasts, and funds status | - Prepare reports to reflect program/project status, cost and schedule trends, funding and project uncertainties | - Support project deliverables and assist in the development of project reviews for internal and external customer briefings |
Supports the development and implementation of strategic mission development plans for NNSS. Responsible for providing government budget analysis and marketing data to support the portfolio growth initiatives through drill down analysis into the various market segments. Identifies opportunities for growth through FedBizOpps and similar sites. | | Key Responsibilities: | - Supports an integrated strategic plan through research and analysis | - Assists in the development market positioning, value propositions and key selling points that meet customer/prospect needs, as well as articulating benefits that align with prospect/client interests | - Leads competitive market analysis, strategic planning, and new business growth activities for defining market segments and messages that identify large business development opportunities | - Supports the creation and maintenance of tools necessary to convey the value propositions to customers and prospects and support key messages, product attributes, and selling strategies | - Assists in defining/communicating customer requirements to the Portfolio Managers and other functional areas of NNSS | - Performs financial analysis of government market segment budgets/opportunity analysis | - Ensure Business Capture process compliance and governance for all new business pursuits | - Provides market data to be used in executive presentations/proposals | - Performs market segmentation research as directed by leadership | - Responsible for tracking of sales cycles and business development pipeline. Includes maintenance of CRM information relative to customers and opportunities | - Maintains databases/spreadsheets of pertinent information such as core technologies, new business, and business contacts through CRM systems and other infrastructure tools | - Works with proprietary information, such as non-disclosure agreements, and educates individuals on how to ensure that such information is protected | - Promotes and supports technology transfer | - Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment
As a Program Manager for the Special Technologies or Counterrorism portfolios, you will serve as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with the customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. | | Key Responsibilities: | - Responsible/accountable for all phases of program from inception through completion | - Responsible for scope, cost, schedule and technical performance of assigned programs | - Coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications | - Develop new business or expand business with stakeholders | - Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules | - Identify program problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractural specifications | - Responsible/accountable for the work of employees assigned to the program from execution, support, and assurance areas | - Meet customer needs while providing realistic expectations | - Establishes specific customer satisfaction standards and actively monitor customer satisfaction | - Proactively develop and implement strategies to mitigate risk
The Portfolio Manager role requires a balance of external considerations (customers, markets) and internal environment (operational execution, program execution, and technical landscape) to lead a tactical and strategic effort for the assigned portfolio of programs. Therefore, the role requires familiarity with NNSS capabilities and offerings, understanding of external environmental and customer needs, and a strong leadership/communication style. This role will operate within a matrixed organization and be required to work horizontally and vertically, across sites, collaborating with functions to prioritize within constraints and deliver on commitments in a challenging environment. | This Portfolio Manager will lead and manage through an Integrated Program/Project Team and be responsible for the overall program management of multiple reimbursable product/service programs. This includes the cost, scope, schedule and risks of programs in the portfolio. The Portfolio Manager represents the Company to primary stakeholders through the negotiation, management and delivery of all program requirements. Portfolio Manager responsibilities will include technical market analysis, portfolio strategy and roadmap development as well as new product/service introduction responsibilities. | | Key Responsibilities: | - Represent Company on comprehensive product/service programs | - Focus on product and service strategies, application, and execution within the sites and functions | - Lead a cross-functional effort to develop, prioritize, and execute the strategic planning process through documented portfolio roadmaps | - Enable strategies and tactics based on business financial and key metrics | - Ensure that projects, priorities, and funding decisions are aligned with business strategies and the resolution of significant issues | - Serve as primary company representative to resolve programmatic and customer issues pertinent to program viability | - Lead team to negotiate, establish, communicate and execute cost, scope and schedule delivery for customer programs | - Direct the overall financial planning, monitoring, reporting, scheduling, network analysis, and the preparation and release of technical/schedule information required for program/project planning | - Provide oversight of portfolio programs and manage communications within the company, and with external stakeholders and customers | - Direct the establishment of program/project definitions and requirements, maintenance of schedules, and associated program/project baseline changes | - Supervise employees and perform other managerial responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Perform radiological engineering analyses and calculations using industry available software. | - Develop new methods and techniques for acquiring, analyzing, and processing radiological data. | - Prepare a variety of technical and non-technical reports, including procedures and plans. | - Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) orders, and corporate requirements. | - Consult with supervisors and departmental representatives on radiological control matters to ensure work procedures are in compliance with Mission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS) core processes, and governmental requirements. | - Serve as Technical Lead for major projects and startups. | - Serve as an expert advisor to other personnel and management on difficult and critical technical issues. | - Encourage development and publishing in industry-standard journals. | - Mentor Scientist and Engineering staff and technical management in methods, processes, and best practices. | - Apply knowledge and ingenuity to implement cutting edge, pioneering solutions in the technical arena. | - Attend staff meetings, and planning and scheduling meetings relevant to radiological controls and engineering issues. | - Participate in the conduct of management assessments. | - Review work packages and proposed test plans to ensure necessary requirements are incorporated into work control. | - Initiate collaboration with partners external to MSTS. | - Complete special projects to meet internal and external customer expectations. | - Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- MSTS is seeking a talented senior level Radio Frequency Engineer to join our staff of scientists, engineers, and technicians in Santa Barbara, CA. | - Design, simulate, develop, and test Radio Frequency based technologies, develop software to perform detection, demodulation, and processing of Radio Frequency communications systems, research new signal processing techniques, and ensure the team meets and exceeds modern Radio Frequency communications standards. | - Experience of Software Defined Radio frameworks implemented in FPGAs is a plus. | - Participate and develop documentation for both internal design reviews and customers review. | - Work on a diverse set of projects. | - Prepared to be hands on, willing to learn and be comfortable working in an environment with engineers of diverse backgrounds and expertise. | - Track work using web based tools to ensure manager/team members can see progress | - Lead, support and mentor junior personnel. | - Applicants must be able to work on both distributed and in-house teams, effectively interact with stakeholders. | - Some travel will be required.
- MSTS is seeking a talented senior level Radio Frequency Engineer to join our staff of scientists, engineers, and technicians in Santa Barbara, CA. | - Will design, simulate, develop, and test Radio Frequency based technologies, develop software to perform detection, demodulation, and processing of Radio Frequency communications systems, research new signal processing techniques, and ensure the team meets and exceeds modern Radio Frequency communications standards. | - Experience of Software Defined Radio frameworks in implemented in FPGAs is a plus. | - Participate and develop documentation for both internal design reviews and customers review. | - Responible to work on a diverse set of projects. | - Parpared to be hands on, willing to learn and be comfortable working in an environment with engineers of diverse backgrounds and expertise. | - Track work using web based tools to ensure manager/team members can see progress. | - Lead, support and mentor junior personnel. | - Must be able to work on both distributed and in-house teams, effectively interact with stakeholders, and lead and mentor junior personnel. | - Some travel will be required.