The successful candidate will contribute to a team of scientists and engineers building a next generation x-ray machine for stockpile stewardship applications. The candidate will contribute to the development and application of solid state electrical systems used as the drive for the machine. The team will work in multiple locations and the candidate will primarily support elements of the machine that are the responsibility of Lawrence Livermore National Lab. | | Key Responsibilities: | | - Prepare and/or contribute to designs, strategies, reports and technical proposals. | - Perform design and technical analysis activities using prescribed codes and standards, computer software, and generally accepted best management practices. | - Mentors less experienced staff in specific discipline. | - Prepares concept designs and analytical methods | - Coordinates work with multiple project team members. | - Participate in the development of low to high Technology Readiness Level (TRL) innovations. | - Demonstrated ability to work with customers in the field when applying high TRL technologies to new experimental conditions. | - Engage with peer subject matter experts on decisions related to the advancement of RF, control systems, and pulsed power technologies in mission areas specific to NNSS strategic areas of focus. | - Project work may not be exclusive to this project. | - Participate on other project teams where their expertise is needed.
- Operate and Manage effective and scalable solutions, clustering and integration strategies with Linux Operating System. | - Patch and remediate cyber vulnerabilities within Linux systems per established Service Level Agreements. | - Investigate and resolve escalated Help Desk tickets. | - Assist in writing security plans, performing certification and accreditation tests to validate security policies are in place. | - Team with more experienced technical personnel on project teams designing and deploying solutions in a Linux environment. | - Utilize Linux and other automation technologies (i.e., Satellite Server, Chef/Puppet/Ansible) to improve processes and reduce support efforts. | - Manage test bed and equipment deployment projects from start to finish including racking all varieties of hardware, cabling, OS installation/vulnerability patching and firmware upgrades. | - Engineer solutions in response to support requests and for improving internal processes and procedures. | - Report Key Performance Indicators, including capacity planning, system health. | - Deploy automation and workflow solutions in collaboration with Design and Engineering, Project Managers and Operations staff. | - Create run book and other supporting documentation as needed. | - Participate in problem management and root cause analysis and maintain 24x7 availability and monitoring of enterprise system servers.
- Operate and Manage effective and scalable solutions, clustering and integration strategies with the Windows Server Operating System. | - Patch and remediate cyber vulnerabilities within Windows servers systems per established Service Level Agreements. | - Investigate and resolve escalated Help Desk tickets. | - Assist in writing security plans, performing certification and accreditation tests to validate security policies are in place. | - Team with more experienced technical personnel on project teams designing and deploying solutions in a Windows environment. | - Utilize PowerShell and other automation technologies to improve processes and reduce support efforts. | - Manage test bed and equipment deployment projects from start to finish including racking all varieties of hardware, cabling, OS installation/vulnerability patching and firmware upgrades. | - Engineer solutions in response to support requests and for improving internal processes and procedures. | - Report Key Performance Indicators, including capacity planning, system health. | - Deploy automation and workflow solutions in collaboration with Design and Engineering, Project Managers and Operations staff. | - Create run book and other supporting documentation as needed. | - Participate in problem management and root cause analysis and maintain 24x7 availability and monitoring of enterprise system servers.
- Infrastructure Analyst for the MSTS Information Technology Integrated Clients Services in a Tiered III support role. | - The Infrastructure Analyst monitors the performance of network systems in order to identify any issues. They routinely perform analysis during normal IT Infrastructure operation, including on networks, firewalls, servers, operating systems, applications and devices. | - Once a plan has been formulated, Infrastructure Analysts either provide the plan to the IT team or work with them to implement the necessary upgrades, patches or troubleshooting to solve the problem. They document the changes and follow all change management procedures. | - Infrastructure Analysts are responsible for proactively communicating desktop environment changes and risks to the change control board, and working with the workforce to smooth transitions and decrease any negative impact on business. | - The Infrastructure Analyst uses his up-to-date knowledge of IT infrastructure to identify opportunities to use emerging technology to increase efficiency and flexibility. They may formulate improvement plans and pitch them to leadership. | - Promotes project and team management best practices for continuous improvement. | - Perform related work as assigned by supervisor.
- Interfaces with the Federal Contracting Officers, acting as a principle representative of Prime Contract Management (PCM) specifically in the area of Conference Management Process coordination and approval as well as Compliance. | - The Prime Contract Administrator may be requested to take on special projects in support of the PCM, Manager. This may include but would not be limited to Organizational Conflict of Interest, Personal Conflict of Interest, Subcontractor Technical Representatives, Export Control Determinations, CRADA Administration, etc. | - The Prime Contract Administrator shall also cross-train with the other PCM staff so that work can be covered during peak periods and/or as back-up to another PCM Administrator. | - Performs the full range of Contract Management functions required to support daily operations of the Mission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS) Prime Contract, using the Standard Work Process Procedures applicable to Contract Administration and working under general supervision on issues new to the incumbent or with more assignments that are complex. | | - Exercises discretion and judgment in performing work and makes recommendations for process improvements. | - Develops and maintains relationships with customers, sponsors, and other MSTS organizations as needed to meet objectives. | - Administers assigned contract functions, maintaining a continual review of progress and providing feedback to Contracting Officers and MSTS staff as necessary to ensure mission success. | - Coordinates with designated staff on operational activities affecting contractual rights and obligations, contract performance, contract administration and other major matters. | - Administers information programs to ensure mutual understanding of terms and conditions. | - Prepares status reports, activity reports, and quantity verification documentation. | - Makes allowability determinations for non-complex issues and seeks guidance for determinations on complex matters. | - Implements provided mechanisms to monitor compliance with contract terms and conditions. |
| - Responsible for providing support to NNSS Asset & Material Management (A&MM) Warehouse Operations, Excess & Sales, and Material Management functions. Responsibilities include but not limited to: | - Assist employees with day-to-day Warehouse Operations, Excess and Material Management functions and resolve issues. | - Coordinate and ensure physical inventories are conducted and completed in a timely basis to ensure valid records are continuously maintained. | - Prepares and processes procurement requests in Oracle database to buy material for NNSS A&MM Department Operations along with general service items. | - Schedule customer deliveries to include badging and site access. | - Records and training coordinator. | - Process and track safety shoe, safety glasses and PPE assignments for Department employees. | - Update and track material stock in Maximo database. | - Process excess paperwork and redeployment of personal property excess to Program needs. | - Prepare and track shipping documents for recording movements of material and excess disposal. | - Participates and assists with the Property Management Walk-through Program. | - Monitor performance against metrics and goals established by management. | - Support continuous improvement initiatives and conduct management assessments. | - Implements company policies, procedures and directives to ensure compliance with federal regulations. | - Ensures compliance with export control and high-risk property guidelines for personal property life cycle asset management. | - Perform related work as assigned by manager.
START DATE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE | | The Center for Radiological/Nuclear Training (CRNT) at the Nevada National Security Site is seeking dynamic, qualified and experienced Instructors to join our cadre at the Mission Support and Test Services (MSTS) office in North Las Vegas, NV. The Center provides training nationwide to the National Guard, first responders, law enforcement, emergency medical services and other government and non-government organizations. The primary scope of training is response to radiological and nuclear weapons of mass destruction. Training is performance-based and includes classroom, hands-on, web-based, and field exercise training, conducted at venues across the country and at the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS). Responsibilities include delivering training in accordance with strict, high standards and working with Course Coordinators, Course Managers, the Operations Support Department, Radiological Control Technicians, Instructional and Curriculum Design teams, and others to effectively and efficiently deliver courses of instruction to the National Guard. | | - Prepare to deliver course materials by review and study of technical resources, Instructor Guides, PowerPoints, Station Guides, JPRs, Instrument Supplements, and other appropriate reference material. | - Deliver high quality course material using proper communication and technical skills. | - Maintain class control and ensure that all participants and staff members are treated with proper respect. | - Work with all team members. | - Comply with directions given by staff personnel such as managers, course coordinators and lead instructors. | - Load, unload, prepare, inspect, utilize, maintain and stow course equipment. | - Ensure that all safety practices and protocols are met. | - Assist other instructors in the delivery of course material to insure all objectives are met. | - Complete all required skill evaluations and forms for course delivery such as JPRs. | - Maintain in-service training requirements as established by the Counter Terrorism Operations Support (CTOS) organization. | - Assist in set-up, cleaning and breakdown of training areas including classroom and drill ground. | - Prepare all electronic course delivery material such as computers, Wi-Fi, projectors etc. | - Follow all requirements set forth in Instructor handbook such as travel and clothing policy. | - Represent CTOS in a professional manner at all times. | - Train in all weather and environmental conditions within Company safety guidelines. | - Maintain a high degree of safety and compliance with all guidelines and procedures. | - Coordinate activities with all members of the delivery team. | - Support and perform CTOS/CRNT program administrative functions as assigned.
- Provide field support for dynamic physics experiments within Stockpile Stewardship science program. | - Work with engineers and scientists in the development and fielding of electrical, optical, and laser diagnostic data acquisition systems. | - Responsible for operating diagnostic equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, delay generators, spectrum analyzers, fiber optic inspection and cleaning equipment, optical time domain reflectometers, spectrum analyzers, etc. | - Assist in researching, extracting, analyzing and compiling system documentation, data acquisition, and technical data. | - Ability to be a team member on specific event diagnostics as skills and experience permit. | - As a member of field support, you must be able to adapt to diverse field environments. | - Ability to do basic electronic work. | - Assists in researching, extracting, analyzing and compiling technical data. | - Assists in the preparation of reports, graphs, proposals, studies and correspondence. | - Assists in preliminary engineering analysis, conceptual design and engineering calculations. | - Assists in and review project design and technical documents. | - May perform drafting assignments, revise prints and prepare sketches. | - Work locations will include the North Las Vegas Facility and the Nevada National Security Site
- Provide field support for dynamic physics experiments within Stockpile Stewardship science program. | - Work with engineers and scientists in the development and fielding of electrical, optical, and laser diagnostic data acquisition systems. | - Responsible for operating diagnostic equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, delay generators, spectrum analyzers, fiber optic inspection and cleaning equipment, optical time domain refractometers, spectrum analyzers, etc. | - Assist in researching, extracting, analyzing and compiling system documentation, data acquisition, and technical data. | - Be a team member on specific event diagnostics as skills and experience permit. | - As a member of field support, you must be able to adapt to diverse field environments. | - Ability to do basic electronic work. | - Assists in researching, extracting, analyzing and compiling technical data. | - Assists in the preparation of reports, graphs, proposals, studies and correspondence. | - Assists in preliminary engineering analysis, conceptual design and engineering calculations. | - Assists in and review project design and technical documents. | - May perform drafting assignments, revise prints and prepare sketches. | - Work locations will include the North Las Vegas Facility and the Nevada National Security Site
Report to the Nevada Operations Division Manager, within the Mission Execution Directorate. Function as Manager of a sub-section of operations personnel in the development and fielding of experimental diagnostics. | - Provide visionary leadership, prioritization, and guidance on future Mission Support & Test Services, LLC (MSTS) program contributions that support the National Security Enterprise (NSE) weapons program activities. | - Assume accountability for successfully achieving a suite of experimental program deliverables at the national, site, and company levels. | - Integrate the execution of program efforts, new and ongoing, at the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS), Nevada Operations, New Mexico Operations, Livermore Operations, the Special Technologies Lab, and other sites where appropriate to optimize efficient workforce use. | - Work in close collaboration with Test & Experiment Management project managers to provide the necessary workforce that assures support and broaden knowledge retention and mentoring within the organization. | - Work closely with Site Operations Managers in the development of staffing plans and other strategic infrastructure investments. | - Responsible for Diagnostics Research & Material Studies’ support personnel required for the Stockpile Stewardship science and technology portfolio. | - Responsibilities include resource utilization scheduling, staffing work assignments, ensuring personnel training at the appropriate level, assisting in personnel career development, completing personnel actions, and other relevant areas associated with sustaining a highly motivated workforce at multiple locations. | - Assign resources in the most efficient manner possible and recognize needed positions via strategic hiring where necessary. | - Actively participate in planning for correct staffing and skill mix to support work by developing and executing quarterly staffing plans to meet mission deliverables efficiently, safely, securely, timely, and within budget. | - Ensure that employee Annual Performance Reviews are complete and participate in the development of annual salary plans. | - Ensure integrated safety management is incorporated into all work. | - Participate in and foster a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction. | - Perform related work as assigned by the Nevada Operations Manager. | - The primary work location will be North Las Vegas, NV. Work at the NNSS may be required in support of these functions, and travel to MSTS remote sites, the three NSE Labs, and National Nuclear Security Administration Headquarters (NNSA HQ) program offices may be required
THIS IS A LIMITED-TERM REGULAR FULL-TIME POSITION. SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE CAN BE EMPLOYED UP TO TWO YEARS, WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF ONE ADDITIONAL YEAR, BASED ON THE ORGANINZATIONS' NEEDS. CANDIDATE MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR A POST-DOC POSITION WITHIN 3 YEARS OF RECEIVING THEIR PhD, OR THE CANDIDATE WILL HAVE COMPLETED ALL PhD REQUIREMENTS BY HIRE DATE. | | Reporting to the Diagnostic Research and Materials Studies Manager, within the Test & Experimentation Directorate’s Nevada Operations, the post-doctoral researcher will develop mathematical models X-ray radiography image processing, algorithms for analyzing data, participate in the fielding of diagnostic systems, and play an active role in the Site-Directed Research and Development program. | - Will be a member of the Signal Processing and Applied Mathematics team and will play a lead scientific role in the development, fielding, and analysis of data from complex measurement systems, with a focus on basic and applied research in X-ray radiography. | - Requires active participation in the field with the scientific, technical, and engineering teams, direct interaction with experimental partners from the National Security Laboratories, and independently driven model and algorithm development. | - Will build direct relationships with the laboratory partners and provide scientific guidance to experimental operations, also reporting on accomplishments to internal and external stakeholders. | - Supporting radiography projects, the Senior Scientist will be expected to maintain an active research portfolio, participating in the Site-Directed Research and Development program, including research in support of currently projects for characterizing imaging systems, image segmentation, and image enhancement. | - Including publishing scientific results and presenting research developments at professional meetings and conferences and to university partners. | - The primary work location will be North Las Vegas, NV. Work at the NNSS may be required in support of these functions, as well as travel to NNSS remote sites, and the three National Security Laboratories.
- Devises imaginative, thorough, and practical solutions requiring evaluation of standards and processes. Solutions may be unique. | - Coordinates execution of assigned projects. | - Works independently and with working groups with diagnostic development and or deployment. | - Use of technical principles, theories, and concepts. | - Follows specific established engineering and technical procedures and instructions. | - Exercises discretion and judgment in collaboration with peers regarding how principles and methods are selected for and applied to work. | - Interface regularly with coworkers, other department teams, and other company organizations to support upcoming experiments. | - Primary work locations will be the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) and North Las Vegas, as required by experiments. | - Work may be outdoors or underground, and some travel may be required. | - Contributes to strategies, reports and technical proposals. | - Supports field programs and designs using pre-determined principles and practices. | - Guides implementation and utilization of technology for both experimental and operational needs. | - Assists in performing design and technical analysis activities using prescribed codes and standards, computer software, and generally accepted best management practices. | - Builds teaming relationships with technical colleagues and other company organizations. | - Follows specific established engineering and technical procedures and instructions. | - Assists in defining specifications for procurements and initiates purchase requests. | - May monitor the work of and provide guidance to technicians and other support personnel, working on their projects. | - Assist in the development, improvement, and systematization of organizational processes and procedures for engineering design control and documentation, as well as the organization’s configuration management processes. | - Assist in the development of processes relevant to electrical and software design in support of the organization’s applied engineering work.
- Ability to use computer aided design and drafting (CADD) software to create technical designs and drawings in research and development environment. | - Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, and modification of mechanical parts and assemblies. | - Devises new approaches for designing and drafting complex chassis builds and mechanical assemblies. | - Plans and conducts independent work requiring judgment and experience in the application and substantial adaptation of operations techniques. | - Devises new approaches to operations problems. | - May provide direction and instruction to engineers, technicians, crafts, or others in the use of configuration management/CADD software for specific projects or tasks. | - Performs work that involves conventional practices but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting requirements, unsuitability of conventional methods, or difficult coordination requirements. | - Plans, guides, or prepares administrative and technical documents as required for the design and build of complex assemblies. | - Coordinates project assignments among engineers, project managers, clients, and vendors. Applies accepted technical standards to design drawings. | - Requires everyday collaboration with engineers, vendors, and other designers in order to make sure that design details are handled appropriately.
THIS IS A LIMITED-TERM REGULAR FULL-TIME POSITION. SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE CAN BE EMPLOYED UP TO TWO YEARS, WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF ONE ADDITIONAL YEAR, BASED ON THE ORGANIZATION'S NEEDS. CANDIDATE MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR A POST-DOC POSITION WITHIN 3 YEARS OF RECEIVING HIS/HER PhD, OR THE CANDIDATE WILL HAVE COMPLETED ALL PhD REQUIREMENTS BY HIRE DATE. | | - Devises imaginative, thorough, and practical solutions requiring evaluation of standards and processes. Solutions may be unique. | - Coordinates execution of assigned projects. | - Develops processes, procedures, work instructions | - Authors formal publications. | - Produces intellectual property. | - Work with a scientific mentor to complete a project of technical relevance to MSTS mission. This will include working toward a solution as an independent contributor and in collaborative teams. | - Will be eligible for full-time MSTS employee benefits, with the exception of the Employee Education Training Assistance Program and severance pay when the employment relationship ends. | - Relocation will be provided on a limited basis.
- Assist and provide operational support to the Aerial Measuring System (AMS) Section. | - Assist with tracking programmatic requirements and deliverables. | - Responsibilities may include supporting procedure development, operational planning for surveys and other response activities, assisting with work planning documentation, supporting shipping and transport of equipment and materials, and general logistics support for field deployment activities. | - Assist and be able to develop and implement emergency response operational concepts and field training concepts. | - Assist with the development, compilation, routing, and archiving of operations plans for AMS events. | - Assist and be able to plan and/or participate in field demonstrations with other government agencies, including coordination and logistics for exercises and large events. | - Must be willing and able to travel worldwide, and sometimes deploying in austere conditions, as a member of the Department of Energy (DOE)/National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA). | - Must also be willing to complete necessary training and preparation to become a home team member. | - Professionalism, desire to learn, and excellent customer service skills are necessary. | - Perform related work as assigned by Manager
The Remote Sensing Laboratory, located on Nellis Air Force Base, seeks a talented individual to support emergency response operations for National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) response assets. | - Perform an array of tasks associated with the on-call duty rosters for all radiological response teams. | - This will include a variety of complex tasks associated with compiling, distributing, maintaining, and archiving the on-call duty rosters. | - Responsible for an established set of tasks related to building team rosters in the emergency response notification system. | - Require execution of notifications, as required to satisfy weekly/monthly requirements and unplanned notifications in support of operations, exercises, trainings, and real-world events. | - Assist, as required, with maintaining reports and official records associated with training requirements for response teams. | - Must qualify as an emergency responder, and serve as a home team member; executing requirements in a variety of roles. | - Perform related work and emerging requirements, as assigned by the section Supervisor. | - Must possess excellent customer service skills, and have the ability to interface professionally, internal and external to the organization. | - Maintain confidentiality and display a professional demeanor in daily activities. | - Perform related work as assigned by Manager
- Support a national level radiological emergency response capability for locating and identifying radiological material in a wide variety of real-world settings. | - Serve as an emergency response team member and participate in exercise and real-world deployments. | - Collect radiation data in field operations from a variety of platforms and analyze data, including radionuclide identification and activity estimates. | - Provide input to development of improved radiation detection systems and analysis algorithms. | - Conduct and document field experiments utilizing commercial and government radiation detection equipment. | - Contribute to the development and testing of software applications specific to radiological emergency response activities. | - Provide scientific guidance on projects involving an interdisciplinary team of engineers, physicists, and technicians. | - Must be willing and able to travel worldwide as a member of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) emergency response teams. | - Perform related work as assigned by Manager
- Perform oversight, through independent quality control inspections and verifications, of items, systems, components, or products that are fabricated or installed by other workers for new or existing facilities and infrastructures. | - Exhibit a high degree of technical knowledge and skills to execute applicable national consensus codes and standards in order to inspect, examine, or test items or products to ensure they meet design requirement. | - Select the appropriate national consensus codes or standards and develop quality inspection criteria to be used to perform inspections. | - Maintain qualification and or certification to perform Quality Control inspection activities based on education, training, experience in one or more of the inspection disciplines (e.g., welding, non-destructive examination/testing, boilers and pressure systems, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, materials testing and verification, concrete, soils, anchoring). | - Make autonomous judgment during inspections activities to determine whether items, systems, components, or products are acceptable for use, or not, based on design requirements. | - Generate non-conformance reports that document the objective evidence where items or products do not meet design requirements |
- Responsible for overseeing and providing support to company Property Center Representatives (PCRs) and act as PCR for Supply Chain Division. | - Responsibilities include but not limited to: | - Processing Sensitive Property Receipts and maintain inventory control records. | - Schedule and ensure physical Equipment and High Risk Property inventories are conducted and reconciled in a timely manner. | - Updating and tracking custodian, location, and property status changes in property database. | - Issue Property and Vehicle Passes. | - Complete excess paperwork and coordinate disposal and redeployment of material excess to Program needs. | - Prepare and track shipping documents for recording movements of property and excess disposal. | - Input data for monthly production metrics. | | - Support the Property Management Walk-through Program. | - Monitor performance against metrics and goals established by management. | - Support continuous improvement initiatives. | - Implements property control company policies, procedures and directives to ensure compliance with federal regulations. | - Ensures compliance with export control and high risk property guidelines for personal property life cycle asset management. | - Perform related work as assigned by manager.
- Directly supervise various employees in the Accounting Department on a daily basis | - Recruit, select, hire, and train staff | - Assign, organize, schedule, and direct work scope of the team | - Approve time and conduct performance evaluations | - Ensure team deliverables are submitted accurately and timely | - Interact daily with subordinates, colleagues, managers, directors, and the CFO | - Implement and follow company policies, procedures, and directives | - Accept individual responsibility and accountability for environment, safety, health, and quality processes within personal control, personal safety, and the safety of co-workers. Comply with established regulations and procedures for environment, safety, health, and quality and perform duties in a way that will not cause personal danger, endanger other individuals, or violate environment, safety, health, and quality regulations. Promptly correct or report any hazard or potential hazard to supervision. Participate in and embrace MSTS environment, safety, health, and quality initiatives.