- Helping business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support the future. | - Identify current and future state of business processes and perform gap analysis. | - Ability to create, analyze, and validate detailed functional specifications. | - Understand and incorporate needs of multiple stakeholders. | - Translate business needs into requirements and document. | - May perform knowledge transfer and train less knowledgeable resources on business analysis, requirements definition, requirements gathering, requirements traceability, and gap analysis. | - Assist customer with change management associated with process change. | - Develop requirements traceability matrix. | - Ability to multitask and work on multiple initiatives concurrently. | - Ability to function at both a strategic and tactical level. | - Responsible for building quality into the processes associated with business analysis. | - Assist with development of user acceptance test plans and use cases. | - Assist in the design, documentation, and maintenance of system processes. | - As required, write all required documentation in a clear, concise manner. | - Work with the test team to make sure the tests adequately cover the requirements.
- Under general direction, provides moderate to highly complex support to departments and programs including the analysis, evaluation, design, development, and testing of software and hardware programs. | - Assist in the administration and technical responsibility for the Maximo Asset Management program and provides services in architectural design, integration, implementation, back-end administration, and troubleshooting. Designs optimum system configurations, develops and implements testing plans, ensures system quality assurance, evaluates whether new programs meet users' business needs and technology requirements and makes adjustments as necessary. Organizes and prioritizes a variety of projects in an effective and timely manner. | - Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, security, troubleshooting, upgrading, and testing of the Asset Management system including IBM Websphere Server. | - Responsible for working with Information Technology peers to define functional requirements, then design and configure changes to Maximo to optimize system usage within the business unit. | - Perform Maximo support for users, translating business requirements into enhancements; configuring and testing changes; maintaining and monitoring system security and permissions; and coordinating activities with Maximo team members, application owner, and IT. | - Review and analyze business and technical processes and requirements. Responsible for identifying areas for improvement and troubleshoot issues to solve problems through analysis and direct support. Analyst works closely with other Maximo team members supporting a diverse customer base
We are currently searching for an experienced HR professional who will apply business knowledge and human resources expertise to a variety of HR support functions. Initial primary functions will include Talent Acquisition Support, Benefits Support, and other special projects from the HR, Communications & Government Affairs (HR & CGA) Director. This position reports to the Director of HR & CGA. | | Key Responsibilities: | - Recruits and provides talent acquisition support for workforce planning, forecasting, succession planning, and recruiting strategies. Makes sound recommendations to hiring managers regarding the talent acquisition process and candidates. Champions HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel, employment candidates, partners, and senior management | - Provide backup support to a variety of health and welfare benefit programs to include administration of programs and answering employee questions regarding benefits. | - May participate in development of cost effective benefit plans and work with various account representatives to resolve claim and administrative issues. | - May provide coaching on areas of expertise. | - May represent employer in community and recruiting events. | - Adheres to AA/EEO compliance, legal obligations, employer policies and procedures, and maintains strict confidence with sensitive HR records and information. Complies with all local, state and federal regulations. | - Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information and recommending courses of action. | - Completes special projects by clarifying project objectives, setting timetables and schedules, conducting research, developing and organizing information, and motivating others. | - Manages expectations by communicating project status and issues, resolving concerns, analyzing time and cost issues, and preparing reports. | - Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends. | - Stays abreast of HR trends and regulations and makes recommendations for continuous improvements. | - Supports the HR department in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience
- Provides support on multiple concurrent small projects (<$5M TPC). | - Participates in all aspects of the project(s) over the entire lifecycle (initiation, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, and closing). | - Uses MSTS project management processes, techniques, and tools. | - Coordinates work efforts through interaction with peers, project leaders, and supervisor
Perform duties of a Project Controls Specialist in support of multiple projects and programs. Interface directly with project and functional team members to obtain required input in a multiple-project environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for a position at one of the following locations: North Las Vegas (Losee Road Facility), the Nevada National Security Site (located 65 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada), or Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas, Nevada. | Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: | - | Develop, maintain, and monitor performance measurement baselines, including cost and schedule, baseline management and change control, risk management, subcontract management, earned value management, variance analysis, and estimate at completion | | - | Support the development and execution of project and functional planning - May serve as an assistant to a Project Manager - | | - | Support program/project teams in all phases of the project lifecycle (initiation, planning, execution, control, and closure) | | - | Develop and maintain Primavera P6 schedules to include full loading of resource requirements and integration with the Cobra performance-reporting database | | - | Develop and maintain performance measurement tools to support planning, estimating, scheduling, and risk analysis of project work | | - | Assist Project Managers in developing metrics to support the measurement of performance to cost and schedule objectives | | - | Perform detailed analysis of project costs, performance, forecasts, and funds status | | - | Prepare reports to reflect program/project status, cost and schedule trends, funding and project uncertainties | | - | Support project deliverables and assist in the development of project reviews for internal and external customer briefings
- Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the Procurement Engineer will assist Project Engineers with transitioning engineering design requirements into technical specification for the purpose of vendor solicitations. | - Act as the lead for interpreting technical requirements to the Procurement organization and be the Engineering Point of Contact through the procurement life cycle. | - Devises solutions to highly complex technical problems of broad scope. Solutions may require resolving conflicting customer expectations and design requirements, utilizing unconventional technology and materials, and cross-disciplinary integration. | - Coordinate the technical evaluation of vendor proposals using technically defeasible processes and industry standard approaches. | - Prepares or contributes to designs, strategies, reports and technical proposals. | - Performs design and technical analysis activities using prescribed codes and standards, computer software, and generally accepted best management practices. | - Frequent coordination of discipline information with other departments within the company and with outside vendors. Works with outside contacts as required obtaining relevant information. | - Develops a working knowledge of codes and standards of other disciplines. | - Follows established engineering and technical procedures and instructions. | - Coordinates work within their discipline on moderately complex projects. | - Directs the work of contractors and suppliers by ensuring their efforts are integrated and focused on established objectives. | - Mentors less experienced staff in specific discipline. | - Defines specifications for procurements and initiates purchase requests.
- Participate in the operation and management of effective and scalable solutions, clustering and integration strategies with Linux Operating System. | - Participate in project teams, prepare scope documents and project plans, and design and implement best practices for provisioning services and identity management. | - Utilize Linux and other automation technologies (i.e., Satellite Server, Chef/Puppet/Ansible) to improve processes and reduce support efforts. | - Participate in the management of test bed and equipment deployment projects from start to finish including racking all varieties of hardware, cabling, OS installation/vulnerability patching and firmware upgrades. | - Assist in the development of solutions in response to support requests and for improving internal processes and procedures. | - Assist in planning, implementation, and operation of virtualization infrastructure projects and participates in the specification of business requirements. | - Operate and implement virtualization solutions based on best practices to support both data center and distributed server infrastructures and desktop environments. | - Develop complete virtualization solutions taking into account infrastructure, data protection, high availability, resource management, automation, disaster recovery, and application requirements. | - May assist with securing server systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access. | - Identify and report Key Performance Indicators, including capacity planning. | - May assist in the design and deployment of automation and workflow solutions in collaboration with Design and Engineering, Project Managers and Operations staff. | - The candidate will provide support, mentoring, training and support of other IT Infrastructure Analysts. | - Create run book and other supporting configuration documentation. | - Participate in problem management and root cause analysis and maintain 24x7 availability and monitoring of enterprise system servers. | - Perform related work as assigned by supervisor under limited supervision
- Independently performs complex engineering assignments calling for the application of specialized and or advanced engineering principles and professional resourcefulness. | - Researches, develops, and improves methods and procedures for conducting experiment operations. | - Performs special studies, research, and developmental work as required. | - Provide engineering and experimental support of the U1a sub-critical experiment (SCE) program. | - Focus will be related to operational issues with containment systems including vessels, vacuum systems, pressure systems, radiographic systems, and other mechanical needs as required. | - Work closely with existing team members to learn existing technologies and assist in developing new methodologies. | - Develop work control documents that bring attention to hazards and the safety of the workers. | - Understand and adhere to core company directive requirements regarding all areas of the work being performed. | - Contributes to strategies, reports and technical proposals. | - Supports field programs and designs using predetermined principles and practices. | - Guides implementation and utilization of technology for both experimental and operational needs. | - Assists in performing design and technical analysis activities using prescribed codes and standards, computer software, and generally accepted best management practices. | - Builds teaming relationships with technical colleagues and other company organizations. | - Follows specific established engineering and technical procedures and instructions. | - Assists in defining specifications for procurements and initiates purchase requests. | - May monitor the work of and provide guidance to technicians and other support personnel, working on their projects. | - Assist in the development, improvement, and systematization of organizational processes and procedures for engineering design control and documentation, as well as the organization’s configuration management processes. | - Assist in the development of processes relevant to electrical and software design in support of the organizations applied engineering work. | - Work may be outdoors or underground, and some travel may be required. | - Primary work locations will be the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) and North Las Vegas, as required by experiments.
- Devises imaginative, thorough and practical solutions requiring evaluation of standards and processes solutions may be unique. | - Coordinates execution of assigned projects. | - Works independently and with working groups with diagnostic development and or deployment. | - Use of technical principles, theories, and concepts. | - Follows specific established engineering and technical procedures and instructions. | - Exercises discretion and judgment in collaboration with peers regarding how principles and methods are selected for and applied to work. | - Interface regularly with coworkers, other department teams, and other company organizations to support upcoming experiments. | - Primary work locations will be the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) and North Las Vegas, as required by experiments and work may be outdoors or underground, and some travel may be required. | - Contributes to strategies, reports and technical proposals. | - Supports field programs and designs using predetermined principles and practices. | - Guides implementation and utilization of technology for both experimental and operational needs. | - Assists in performing design and technical analysis activities using prescribed codes and standards, computer software, and generally accepted best management practices. | - Builds teaming relationships with technical colleagues and other company organizations. | - Follows specific established engineering and technical procedures and instructions. | - Assists in defining specifications for procurements and initiates purchase requests. | - May monitor the work of and provide guidance to technicians and other support personnel, working on their projects. | - Assist in the development, improvement, and systematization of organizational processes and procedures for engineering design control and documentation, as well as the organization’s configuration management processes. | - Assist in the development of processes relevant to electrical and software design in support of the organizations applied engineering work.
The Instrument & Control (I&C) Engineer participates in planning, specifying, scheduling, designing, implementing, and commissioning Facility and Infrastructure design changes at the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS). In this role, the I&C Engineer must take a disciplined approach to evaluating existing conditions and devising upgrade designs to highly regulated nuclear safety related facilities. Familiarity with Department of Energy (DOE) or Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) regulated design changes is highly desirable. | This role requires a broad range of skills, knowledge, and expertise. These include: | - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IEEE) - 1012 Verification and Validation of software requirements, electric circuit analysis, specifying compatible electric and electronic components, network design, cable installations, and an understanding of process control (e.g., ventilation, hydraulics, electrical generation and distribution, Public Address systems, access control and security, and Building Automation). | - Skills needed to support ongoing projects include cable and conduit installation, field engineering, control system installation during sustained facility operation, testing and commissioning planning and execution, evaluation of existing field conditions against configuration managed design drawings and reconciling discrepancies. | - Working knowledge of Rural Electrification Administration and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). | - Experience with network diagrams, plan layouts, control schematics, subcontractor specification and technical oversight. | - Experience in Department of Energy (DOE) or commercial nuclear facilities is preferred. | - Highly desirable experience: Requirements traceability, control system component specification and selection; sub-contractor technical interface and oversight; field engineering support for construction and retrofits; motor controllers and Variable Frequency Drives (VFD); SCADA/DCS/System Integration working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC); Remote Terminal Units (RTU); Web Relays; Internet of Things (IoT) Devices. | - Serves as Technical Lead for major projects and startups. Initiates collaboration with partners external to MSTS. Leads collaboration to achieve mission execution. | - Ensures team’s processes and deliverables comply with laws, codes, orders, and MSTS policies and procedures. | - Develops new initiatives for additional scopes of work. | - Serves as an expert advisor to other personnel and management on difficult and critical technical issues. | - Mentors S/E staff and technical management in methods, processes, and best practices. | - Participates in business development, by defining customer needs, developing proposals and planning projects that will produce results meeting customer needs. | - Works with customer personnel to ensure their needs are clearly defined. | - Works with others to meet customer objectives. | - Applies knowledge and ingenuity to implement cutting edge, pioneering solutions in the technical arena, often in unexplored areas of investigation and research.
- Oversee the Material Control and Accountability (MC&A) Accounting Program. | - Supervision and oversight of all appointed MC&A Accountants. | - Function as the primary Nuclear Material Representative (NMR) for the Nevada National Security Site. | - Function as the primary Tamper-Indicating Device (TID) Administrator. | - Supervision and oversight of the TID Program. | - Ensure all MC&A Accountants are appointed and properly trained. | - Ensure all MC&A TID Administrators are appointed and properly trained. | - Participate in management assessments, procedure reviews, and other integrated MC&A projects/processes. | - Participate in the development of security plans, surveillance plans and associated procedures as related to MC&A requirements. | - Maintain the status of and assist in the development of deviations in safeguards strategy to address areas where verbatim compliance is not being met. | - Assist in the development and review of all technical procedures and plans relating to nuclear material programs. | - Additional duties as assigned.
- Provide patient care services by independently and interdependently conducting complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures within the scope of individual authority granted by the Nevada State Board of Nursing or the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners. Clinical responsibilities include: | - Performance of comprehensive health histories, physical examinations, diagnostic laboratory determinations and development of comprehensive treatment plans | - Oversee and facilitate the implementation of health surveillance criteria | - Identify and track adverse health effects and facilitate follow-up health evaluations regarding those findings | - Work closely with Industrial Hygiene staff to stay familiar with worker exposure and monitoring | - Utilize training and expertise to determine and monitor employee work restrictions | - Provide preventative, therapeutic, restorative and maintenance aspects of health care | - Supervise day to day clinical operations and ensure schedules are kept | - Assists the Clinical Services Director and Manager of Medical Operations in ensuring the implementation and compliance of all Occupational Medicine policies and procedures | - Interface with outside departments to provide medical guidance | - Supervise allied health personnel assigned as direct reports
Responsible for supervising Warehouse Operation, Distribution Services and the Excess & Moves Operations of the Asset & Material Management Department at the Nevada National Security Site. Responsibilities include but not limited to the following: | - Supervise bargaining and non-bargaining employees. | - Conduct performance evaluations and recruiting activities. | - Conduct management observations and implement continuous improvement initiatives. | - Schedule daily activity level work/projects and ensure schedule are met. | - Monitor performance against metrics and goals established by management. | - Provide monthly status reports to management. | - Implements and company policies, procedures and directives. | - Conduct Daily Manpower meetings and pre/post job briefings. | - Approve requisitions for material and replenishment of stock. | - Prepare Just-in-Time (JIT) returns and set up weekly parent sets in Oracle. | - Conduct monthly/quarterly inspections of warehouse and yards. | - Prepare work packages for operations and ensure updated annually or when changes to work scope occur. | - Prepare and update Support Execution Plans. | - Work with internal and external customers to set schedules and resolve issues to meet deadlines and budget. | - Monitor and approve time cards. | - Perform related work as assigned by manager.
Responsible for both the orderly performance and completion of all procurement commitments through the several steps of bidding, which includes: | - Preparing bidders lists | - Pre-qualifying bidders | - Formatting bid packages | - Issuing bid requests | - Coordinating bidders’ questions | - Receiving bids | - Evaluation of bid proposals | - Supplier selection | - Preparing recommendation documentation to secure approvals for an award in accordance with established policies and procurement procedures and the post award administration functions of purchases | | Responsible to also support work, performed by the national laboratories associated with Mission Support and Test Services LLC (MSTS) that generally tends to be proprietary and complex in nature. | - In conjunction with other functional departments, ensures suppliers’ performance of each order is in accordance with the subcontracted terms and conditions and requirements. | - Prepares and develops Subcontract and Purchase Order strategies and recommend methods for review and presentation to senior and client management. | | Comply with department requirements and procedures. | - Prepares and maintains bidder lists to ensure input is received from all procurement functions and other operational groups as well as ensuring appropriate provisions are reflected in the general, special and pricing conditions of the Subcontracts and Purchase Order forms. | - Reviews Offeror recommendations for completeness and approves selection of suppliers within delegated approval authority. | - Ensures all commitments are accurately presented and follow established approval and signing authorities contained in procurement procedures. | - Reviews and recommends bid selections that require higher Procurement approval authority. | - Executes commitments within delegated approval authority. | - Performs related work as assigned by supervisor. |
Serve as a Section Manager in the Applied Technology (AT) Department at the Remote Sensing Laboratory (RSL-N), located on Nellis Air Force Base. | - Supports and executes engineering projects, scientific investigations, and executes technical oversight of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Nuclear Incident Response (NA-84) Emergency Recall System and the RSL Joint Technical Operations Team (JTOT) Access Program. | - Oversees the execution of engineering projects including the development of specialized instruments and characterization of sensor systems. | - Provides coordination and guidance to Integrated Project Teams (IPT) to maintain budgetary, resource and scheduling discipline to assure IPT success during the support of multiple efforts. | - Serve as the Weapons of Mass Destruction Crisis Response (WMD-CR) Render Safe (RS) Program Manager for the Accident Response Group (ARG), JTOT and Stabilization Operations programs. Support may be required for other NNSA Counterterrorism and Counter proliferation (NA-80) programs and WMD-CR mission partners. | - Provide oversight of the RSP Access Technical Home Team. Function as project manager for select Strategic Partnership Projects (SPP) and Strategic Intelligence Partnership Projects (SIPP) projects. | - Lead efforts to respond to the “Call for Proposals” within NNSA, such as the Technical Integration (TI) and the Site-Directed Research Development (SDRD) programs and will lead efforts to develop and submit proposals for SPP and SIPP work.
Perform as a Senior Electrical Engineer for the Advanced Technology Solutions section of the Special Programs Department located at the Remote Sensing Laboratory (RSL-N), located on Nellis Air Force Base. This section’s main efforts involve developing and delivering specialized instruments for customer field use. | - Active participant from the initial idea development, proposal writing, technical work, progress reporting, and generation of final report. | - Provide technical support, technical direction, and collaboration with other engineers and technical project team members on multiple projects. | - Develop engineering designs for early proof of concept units that may lead to advanced prototype fabrication. | - Technical tasks will include, but are not limited to component selection, circuit board layout, testing, and troubleshooting at component level. | - Work with the design team to develop customized mechanical packaging to meet the customers design requirements. | - Must be a self-starter with the ability to operate with minimal supervision and deliver projects on time and within budget constraints. |
- Perform non-destructive assay measurements on nuclear material | - Perform weight balance measurements on nuclear material | - Perform in-field radiation measurements using applicable monitoring instrumentation | - Assist with maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting new and existing radiation monitoring equipment | - Organize, evaluate, and present data for interpretation to the Measurement Control Program Officer | - Assist with measurement data collection and analysis | - Record and compile data in order to complete logs, reports and other written information | - Participate in the creation of procedures and job aids associated with measurement activities and instruments | - Other duties as assigned by management
- Under the direction of the Manager of Cost Estimating, support the development/execution of project and service cost estimates. | - Utilize the skill set necessary to develop an understanding of project scope, quantification, pricing review, and presentation processes. | - Utilize communications and presentation skills to discuss and defend the basis of estimate and the processes used during estimate development. | - Ability to facilitate the project estimating team in all phases of the estimate preparation cycle: initiation, planning, preparation and review. | - Work with managers and engineers to develop a statement of work, Work Breakdown Structure [WBS] dictionary, objectives, assumptions, and deliverables, resource estimate, and baseline scheduled for the project in support of the project manager. | - Perform productivity analysis for construction operations and verify results by manpower and crew analysis of work operations by craft. Establishes productivity basis to be utilized in estimates as developed with concurrence with construction. Analyze project resource usage and recommend adjustments as appropriate. | - Must have solid communication skills, and the ability to explain the estimate to non-estimating personnel. | - Demonstrate a graded proficiency in the use of the following processes and tool sets. | - Understand the project scope document | - Quantity development and entry into the estimate | - Commodity pricing | - Application of indirect costs Identification of scope changes, including client supporting data | - Correlation of project work breakdown structure and schedule activities with estimate detail | - Estimate review process and support the Variance Analysis process | - Review design scope criteria, develop estimate quantities, and evaluate takeoff for reasonableness. | - Coordinate with the project management to develop rough order of magnitude estimates when information is unavailable of incomplete utilizing parametric methodologies. | - Help develop risk analysis and complete contingency analysis for prepared estimates. Develop takeoff methodologies and assemblies in computer estimating systems. | - Demonstrate proficiency utilizing industry- estimating software to develop estimates. | - Demonstrate proficiency in development of preliminary estimates utilizing parametric methodologies. | - Demonstrate proficiency developing life cycle estimates for capital assets.
This position reports to the Nuclear Operations Asset (NAO), Nuclear Procedures Supervisor. In this important role, you will develop, implement, and maintain nuclear facility organization level performance documents to ensure operations are performed in accordance with the Documented Safety Basis, Technical Specification requirements, Company Directives, Conduct of Operations, National Nuclear Security Administration regulations, Department of Energy orders and federal/state laws. | | Key Responsibilities: | - Research, outline, organize, write, edit, format, review, correct, and finalize company and organization level performance documents to support NAO and the nuclear and high-hazard facilities at the National Nuclear Security Site (NNSS) | - Perform job walk-downs, interview subject matter experts (SMEs), research regulatory requirements and other material to become familiar with a process or product, facilitating team input for hazard analyses, and compiling and logically organizing information to be included in the document | - Accept individual responsibility and accountability for environmental, safety, health, and quality processes within personal control, personal safety, and the safety of co-workers | - Comply with established regulations and procedures for environment, safety, health, and quality and perform duties in a way that will not cause personal danger, endanger other individuals, or violate environment, safety, health, and quality regulations | - Promptly correct or report any hazard or potential hazard to supervision | - Participate in and embrace MSTS environment, safety, health, and quality initiatives | - Perform related work as assigned by supervisor
Manage the Aerial Measuring System Project, staff located at the Remote Sensing Laboratory (RSL) on Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas, Nevada, and supervise line manager located at the RSL on Joint Base Andrews in Suitland, Maryland. | - Must be able to accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards. | - Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing growth opportunities | - Participates in planning, staffing and scheduling activities; allocate resources and personnel to satisfy the program and project needs. | - Selected candidate will be required to provide scientific and/or technical support to a segment of the project work conducted at the RSL. | - Responsible for creating an environment where employees feel safe to raise issues, empowered to address issues, and supported to resolve issues. | - Ability to serve as crewmember on board rotary or fixed wing aircraft operating equipment while in flight is essential. | - Must be willing and able to travel worldwide, sometimes under severe conditions, as a member of National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) emergency response teams. | - Perform related work as assigned by manager.