- This position interfaces with National Laboratory personnel, Maintenance personnel, Environmental Safety, Health and Quality (ESH&Q personnel, project managers, and craft personnel as needed to plan Type 1, 2, 3, and 4 work packages and control procedures | - Responsible to determine job hazards, define appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be used by workers, schedule tasks and project elements to eliminate interference’s and enhance the safe execution of work and to track and trend work packages for continuous improvement | - Provide opportunities for improving the definition and planning of work as identified and implemented. | - Ensure work packages contain appropriate work instructions, proper forms, hazard identification and mitigation checklist, appropriate lessons learned, and other information as required to facilitate safe, secure, and quality work at the Remote Sensing Laboratory (RSL) Sites | - Will participate in planning, staffing, scheduling activities: allocate resources to optimize team's effectiveness. | - Must be able to assist Facility Manager to maintain an accurate Real Estate Operations Permit (REOP) database | - Provide broad support during exercises, drills, and real world events; to include home team functions and/or deployable operational support | - Perform related work as assigned by supervisor
Responsible for both the orderly performance and completion of all procurement commitments through the several steps of bidding, which includes: | - Preparing bidders lists | - Pre-qualifying bidders | - Formatting bid packages | - Issuing bid requests | - Coordinating bidders’ questions | - Receiving bids | - Evaluation of bid proposals | - Supplier selection | - Preparing recommendation documentation to secure approvals for an award in accordance with established policies and procurement procedures and the post award administration functions of purchases | Responsible to also support work, performed by the national laboratories associated with Mission Support and Test Services LLC (MSTS) that generally tends to be proprietary and complex in nature. | - In conjunction with other functional departments, ensures suppliers’ performance of each order is in accordance with the subcontracted terms and conditions and requirements. | - Advises, interfaces, and provides guidance to other MSTS personnel as delegated on matters relating to the processing of requisitions for the purchases and subcontracting of goods and services. | - Prepares and develops Subcontract and Purchase Order strategies and recommend methods for review and presentation to senior and client management. | - Considers applicable laws, commercial conditions, economic climate, and other factors that affect the purchasing of materials, equipment, and services. | - Comply with department requirements and procedures. | - Prepares and maintains bidder lists to ensure input is received from all procurement functions and other operational groups as well as ensuring appropriate provisions are reflected in the general, special and pricing conditions of the Subcontracts and Purchase Order forms. | - Reviews Offeror recommendations for completeness and approves selection of suppliers within delegated approval authority. | - Ensures all commitments are accurately presented and follow established approval and signing authorities contained in procurement procedures. | - Reviews and recommends bid selections that require higher Procurement approval authority. | - Executes commitments within delegated approval authority. | - Directs negotiations and prepares proposed negotiated plan in the commitment and resolution of commercial conditions of subcontracts and purchases when such action is agreed as necessary. | - Performs related work as assigned by supervisor.
- Under general direction, provides moderate to highly complex support to departments and programs including the analysis, evaluation, design, development, and testing of software and hardware programs. | - Assist in the administration and technical responsibility for the Maximo Asset Management program and provides services in architectural design, integration, implementation, back-end administration, and troubleshooting. Designs optimum system configurations, develops and implements testing plans, ensures system quality assurance, evaluates whether new programs meet users' business needs and technology requirements and makes adjustments as necessary. Organizes and prioritizes a variety of projects in an effective and timely manner. | - Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, security, troubleshooting, upgrading, and testing of the Asset Management system including IBM Websphere Server. | - Responsible for working with Information Technology peers to define functional requirements, then design and configure changes to Maximo to optimize system usage within the business unit. | - Perform Maximo support for users, translating business requirements into enhancements; configuring and testing changes; maintaining and monitoring system security and permissions; and coordinating activities with Maximo team members, application owner, and IT. | - Review and analyze business and technical processes and requirements. Responsible for identifying areas for improvement and troubleshoot issues to solve problems through analysis and direct support. Analyst works closely with other Maximo team members supporting a diverse customer base
We are currently searching for an experienced HR professional who will apply business knowledge and human resources expertise to a variety of HR support functions. Initial primary functions will include Talent Acquisition Support, Benefits Support, and other special projects from the HR, Communications & Government Affairs (HR & CGA) Director. This position reports to the Director of HR & CGA. | | Key Responsibilities: | - Recruits and provides talent acquisition support for workforce planning, forecasting, succession planning, and recruiting strategies. Makes sound recommendations to hiring managers regarding the talent acquisition process and candidates. Champions HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel, employment candidates, partners, and senior management | - Provide backup support to a variety of health and welfare benefit programs to include administration of programs and answering employee questions regarding benefits. | - May participate in development of cost effective benefit plans and work with various account representatives to resolve claim and administrative issues. | - May provide coaching on areas of expertise. | - May represent employer in community and recruiting events. | - Adheres to AA/EEO compliance, legal obligations, employer policies and procedures, and maintains strict confidence with sensitive HR records and information. Complies with all local, state and federal regulations. | - Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information and recommending courses of action. | - Completes special projects by clarifying project objectives, setting timetables and schedules, conducting research, developing and organizing information, and motivating others. | - Manages expectations by communicating project status and issues, resolving concerns, analyzing time and cost issues, and preparing reports. | - Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends. | - Stays abreast of HR trends and regulations and makes recommendations for continuous improvements. | - Supports the HR department in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience
This position is responsible for a broad array of support to the site’s Integrated Operations Nevada (ION) Deployment Leader. This position will report to the Strategy Deployment Manager. The successful candidate will support, train, mentor and coach leaders, supervisors, team leaders and crafts on ION principles, processes, and tools as defined in the ION operating system. Up to 25% travel may be required. | | Job duties will include: | - Liaison with the Leadership team | - Drive continuous improvement through the ION implementation | - Partner with resources to ensure ION maturity and develop deployment plans and actions to meet ION maturity requirements | - Share knowledge with others for best practice sharing, support, and continuous improvement aligned with the ION maturity model | - Deploy tools, processes and the training needed to implement ION | - Lead projects, mentor and coach other locations and entities within the NNSS | - Drive standardization and consistency of approach as we implement ION across the enterprise | - Manage sustainment of individual ION elements as they become mature
- Provides support on multiple concurrent small projects (<$5M TPC). | - Participates in all aspects of the project(s) over the entire lifecycle (initiation, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, and closing). | - Uses MSTS project management processes, techniques, and tools. | - Coordinates work efforts through interaction with peers, project leaders, and supervisor
Perform duties of a Project Controls Specialist in support of multiple projects and programs. Interface directly with project and functional team members to obtain required input in a multiple-project environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for a position at one of the following locations: North Las Vegas (Losee Road Facility), the Nevada National Security Site (located 65 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada), or Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas, Nevada. | Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: | - | Develop, maintain, and monitor performance measurement baselines, including cost and schedule, baseline management and change control, risk management, subcontract management, earned value management, variance analysis, and estimate at completion | | - | Support the development and execution of project and functional planning - May serve as an assistant to a Project Manager - | | - | Support program/project teams in all phases of the project lifecycle (initiation, planning, execution, control, and closure) | | - | Develop and maintain Primavera P6 schedules to include full loading of resource requirements and integration with the Cobra performance-reporting database | | - | Develop and maintain performance measurement tools to support planning, estimating, scheduling, and risk analysis of project work | | - | Assist Project Managers in developing metrics to support the measurement of performance to cost and schedule objectives | | - | Perform detailed analysis of project costs, performance, forecasts, and funds status | | - | Prepare reports to reflect program/project status, cost and schedule trends, funding and project uncertainties | | - | Support project deliverables and assist in the development of project reviews for internal and external customer briefings
- Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the Procurement Engineer will assist Project Engineers with transitioning engineering design requirements into technical specification for the purpose of vendor solicitations. | - Act as the lead for interpreting technical requirements to the Procurement organization and be the Engineering Point of Contact through the procurement life cycle. | - Devises solutions to highly complex technical problems of broad scope. Solutions may require resolving conflicting customer expectations and design requirements, utilizing unconventional technology and materials, and cross-disciplinary integration. | - Coordinate the technical evaluation of vendor proposals using technically defeasible processes and industry standard approaches. | - Prepares or contributes to designs, strategies, reports and technical proposals. | - Performs design and technical analysis activities using prescribed codes and standards, computer software, and generally accepted best management practices. | - Frequent coordination of discipline information with other departments within the company and with outside vendors. Works with outside contacts as required obtaining relevant information. | - Develops a working knowledge of codes and standards of other disciplines. | - Follows established engineering and technical procedures and instructions. | - Coordinates work within their discipline on moderately complex projects. | - Directs the work of contractors and suppliers by ensuring their efforts are integrated and focused on established objectives. | - Mentors less experienced staff in specific discipline. | - Defines specifications for procurements and initiates purchase requests.
- Operate and Manage effective and scalable solutions, clustering and integration strategies with Windows Operating Systems, SharePoint, Exchange, Unified Messaging, and other advanced components of Microsoft technology. | - Support the implementation, security and support of enterprise directory and messaging environments. | - Participate in project teams, prepare scope documents and project plans, and design and implement best practices for provisioning services, identity management and Microsoft technologies. | - Responsible for implementing Microsoft and virtualization solutions at an enterprise level. | - Possess in-depth understanding of industry leading virtualization and server technologies from both a design and operations perspective. | - Manage existing SAN infrastructure, including Pure Storage and EMC storage arrays, as well as other Storage technologies. | - Manage test bed and equipment deployment projects from start to finish including racking all varieties of hardware, cabling, OS installation, firmware upgrades and LUN presentation. | - Engineer solutions in response to support requests and for improving internal processes and procedures. | - Install upgrade and maintain infrastructure VM’s and services (DHCP, DNS, proxies, ISA/TMG, SCOM, SCCM etc.). | - Assist in planning, implementation, and operation of virtualization infrastructure projects and participates in the specification of business requirements. | - Operate and implement virtualization solutions based on best practices to support both data center and distributed server infrastructures and desktop environments. | - Develop complete virtualization solutions taking into account infrastructure, data protection, high availability, resource management, automation, disaster recovery, and application requirements. | - Secures server systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access. | - Identify and report Key Performance Indicators, including capacity planning. | - Design and deploy automation and workflow solutions in collaboration with Design and Engineering, Project Managers and Operations staff. | - The candidate will provide support, mentoring, training and support of other IT Infrastructure Analysts. | - Create run book and other supporting configuration documentation. | - Participate in problem management and root cause analysis and maintain 24x7 availability and monitoring of enterprise system servers. | - Perform related work as assigned by supervisor under limited supervision
- Responsible for end-user desktop and service desk support | - Support includes, but are not limited to, the installation, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing of equipment hardware, peripherals, including printers, scanners, and multifunction devices and software commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and in-house applications throughout the Mission Support and Test Services. | - Specialty support may be required of Active Directory (AD), AD Group Policy Objects, Windows 7/10, Mac Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, advanced support and setup of Microsoft Outlook.
- Operate and manage effective and scalable solutions, clustering and integration strategies with Windows Operating Systems, SharePoint, Exchange, Unified Messaging, and other advanced components of Microsoft technology. | - Support the implementation, security and support of enterprise directory and messaging environments. | - Participate in project teams, prepare scope documents and project plans, and design and implement best practices for provisioning services, identity management and Microsoft technologies. | - Responsible for implementing Microsoft and virtualization solutions at an enterprise level. | - Possess in-depth understanding of industry leading virtualization and server technologies from both a design and operations perspective. | - Manage existing SAN infrastructure, including Pure Storage and EMC storage arrays, as well as other Storage technologies. | - Manage test bed and equipment deployment projects from start to finish including racking all varieties of hardware, cabling, OS installation, firmware upgrades and LUN presentation. | - Engineer solutions in response to support requests and for improving internal processes and procedures. | - Install upgrade and maintain infrastructure VM’s and services (DHCP, DNS, proxies, ISA/TMG, SCOM, SCCM etc.). | - Assist in planning, implementation, and operation of virtualization infrastructure projects and participates in the specification of business requirements. | - Operate and implement virtualization solutions based on best practices to support both data center and distributed server infrastructures and desktop environments. | - Develop complete virtualization solutions taking into account infrastructure, data protection, high availability, resource management, automation, disaster recovery, and application requirements. | - Secures server systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access. | - Identify and report Key Performance Indicators, including capacity planning. | - Design and deploy automation and workflow solutions in collaboration with Design and Engineering, Project Managers and Operations staff. | - The candidate will provide support, mentoring, training and support of other IT Infrastructure Analysts. | - Create run book and other supporting configuration documentation. | - Participate in problem management and root cause analysis and maintain 24x7 availability and monitoring of enterprise system servers. | - Perform related work as assigned by supervisor under limited supervision.
The successful candidate will possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform Cyber Security operations within an enterprise environment. | - Conducts a variety of Cyber Security policy compliance tasks such as discovering unauthorized devices, conducting site surveys for non-compliance, and ensuring network access requirements are met. | - Completes certification and accreditation of information systems on unclassified systems and networks, assists with mitigation of security testing and evaluations results; validates functionality of security tools within the environment. | - Writes basic information system security plans (ISSPs) for unclassified systems; perform Security Test and Evaluations of information systems in support of a security plan. | - Designs networks and systems with a security focus, ensuring systems are developed in accordance with federal law, customer requirements, certification and accreditation requirements, and industry best practices. | - Reviews purchase requests for technology items and provide input to senior level Cyber Security staff regarding the risk associated with purchases. | - Reviews current Cyber Security threat information and identifies, reports, and assists in the remediation of Cyber Security threats and vulnerabilities. | - Scans network devices for vulnerabilities and configuration baseline compliance and reports findings. | - Collaborates with other outside Cyber Security interests such as Counterintelligence, other DOE sites, US CERT, and law enforcement. | - Uses established standards, practices and procedures as well as an increasing technical knowledge to solve problems and complete projects. | - May monitor intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS), Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM) tools, endpoint security tools, email gateways, firewalls, network infrastructure and other appliances for security issues. | - Supports incident response and forensics and collaborates with incident response team as requested. | - Assists the ISSM and ISSOs with the execution of their assigned duties; assists in researching, compiling, and analyzing technical data. | - Perform related work as assigned by supervisor.
- Perform routine collection of clinical and drug testing specimens including blood and urine; collect, process and prepare specimens for shipment to reference laboratory | - Development and adherence for chain of custody procedures | - Administer Breathalyzer tests, record results and ensure calibration and maintenance of equipment | - Receive and enter laboratory and toxicology reports from reference laboratory into the Electronic Medical Record | - Maintain chain of custody for drug collection procedures | - Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Federal Drug and Alcohol testing regulations | - Train Occupational Medicine and Emergency Medical personnel in drug test collection/reporting, performing and reporting the Breath Alcohol Test including the DOT mandated BAT training | - Verify invoices for charges from reference laboratory | - Document all laboratory related issues in the patient Electronic Medical Record | - Develop and update policies/procedures pertaining to all laboratory relates topics | - Serve as the Subject Matter Expert on Federal regulations pertaining to drug and alcohol testing | - Responsible for the oversight of the laboratory aspects of 10 CFR Part 707, Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at DOE Sites, 49 CFR Part 40 and Procedures for Transportation Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Programs and the DHHS mandatory guidelines for drug testing in the federal workplace | - Familiarity with 10 CFR 712, Human Reliability Program and 10 CFR 1046, Medical, Physical Readiness, Training, and Access Authorization Standards for Protective Force is preferred but not required
- Will work under the direct supervision of a senior staff member | - Responsibilities will revolve around project support tasks and may include: performing component research, assisting in field work, and crafting project documentation | - Evaluating drawings, drafting reports, drafting, and independent research of special projects | - Data entry into diagnostic database, and 3D drafting | - Intern will be responsible for self-monitoring of work and must be proactive | - Perform other duties as requested
- Independently performs complex engineering assignments calling for the application of specialized and or advanced engineering principles and professional resourcefulness. | - Researches, develops, and improves methods and procedures for conducting experiment operations. | - Performs special studies, research, and developmental work as required. | - Provide engineering and experimental support of the U1a sub-critical experiment (SCE) program. | - Focus will be related to operational issues with containment systems including vessels, vacuum systems, pressure systems, radiographic systems, and other mechanical needs as required. | - Work closely with existing team members to learn existing technologies and assist in developing new methodologies. | - Develop work control documents that bring attention to hazards and the safety of the workers. | - Understand and adhere to core company directive requirements regarding all areas of the work being performed. | - Contributes to strategies, reports and technical proposals. | - Supports field programs and designs using predetermined principles and practices. | - Guides implementation and utilization of technology for both experimental and operational needs. | - Assists in performing design and technical analysis activities using prescribed codes and standards, computer software, and generally accepted best management practices. | - Builds teaming relationships with technical colleagues and other company organizations. | - Follows specific established engineering and technical procedures and instructions. | - Assists in defining specifications for procurements and initiates purchase requests. | - May monitor the work of and provide guidance to technicians and other support personnel, working on their projects. | - Assist in the development, improvement, and systematization of organizational processes and procedures for engineering design control and documentation, as well as the organization’s configuration management processes. | - Assist in the development of processes relevant to electrical and software design in support of the organizations applied engineering work. | - Work may be outdoors or underground, and some travel may be required. | - Primary work locations will be the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) and North Las Vegas, as required by experiments.
- Devises imaginative, thorough and practical solutions requiring evaluation of standards and processes solutions may be unique. | - Coordinates execution of assigned projects. | - Works independently and with working groups with diagnostic development and or deployment. | - Use of technical principles, theories, and concepts. | - Follows specific established engineering and technical procedures and instructions. | - Exercises discretion and judgment in collaboration with peers regarding how principles and methods are selected for and applied to work. | - Interface regularly with coworkers, other department teams, and other company organizations to support upcoming experiments. | - Primary work locations will be the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) and North Las Vegas, as required by experiments and work may be outdoors or underground, and some travel may be required. | - Contributes to strategies, reports and technical proposals. | - Supports field programs and designs using predetermined principles and practices. | - Guides implementation and utilization of technology for both experimental and operational needs. | - Assists in performing design and technical analysis activities using prescribed codes and standards, computer software, and generally accepted best management practices. | - Builds teaming relationships with technical colleagues and other company organizations. | - Follows specific established engineering and technical procedures and instructions. | - Assists in defining specifications for procurements and initiates purchase requests. | - May monitor the work of and provide guidance to technicians and other support personnel, working on their projects. | - Assist in the development, improvement, and systematization of organizational processes and procedures for engineering design control and documentation, as well as the organization’s configuration management processes. | - Assist in the development of processes relevant to electrical and software design in support of the organizations applied engineering work.
Serve as the Counter-terrorism (CT) Training Program Manager located at the Mission Support and Test Services (MSTS) office in North Las Vegas, NV. The organization’s primary mission is training our Nation’s and international partners to prepare, prevent or respond to the use of radioactive/nuclear Weapons of Mass Destruction. | - A secondary mission is to support all-hazard training and exercises for the same target audience. Responsibilities include program management and execution of all projects within the section encompassing National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Justice (DOJ), National Guard Bureau (NGB), International Partners, state, local and tribal training and exercise activities with funding in excess of $30M annually. | - Training and exercise audience includes federal, military, state, local, tribal and international personnel in the following areas: | - Search, render safe, emergency response, consequence management, area measurement, law enforcement, emergency medical services, emergency management, fire service, hazardous materials, public works, governmental administrative, public safety communications, health care, public health and other skilled support personnel that provide services during prevention, response and recovery operations. | - Training is performance-based and includes classroom, hands-on, web-based and field training, conducted at the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) and at venues across the country. Exercises are held at the NNSS and at venues across the country. | - Act as Senior CT Training & Exercise Project Manager for the development of detailed scopes, budgets and schedules in coordination with Program Integration through the MSTS Integrated Project Team (IPT) process. | - Pro-actively develop and implement organizational strategic plan to achieve MSTS goals and objectives. Establish strategic goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service and operations information. | - Implement and consistently enforce environment, safety, health, and quality policies and procedures; emphasize the safety of each employee, and the protection of equipment and property in area of responsibility. | - Assure that appropriate procedures, training, equipment, warnings, and tools are provided to employees to permit work to be performed safely. | - Promote and actively participate in the MSTS culture of caring. Support and encourage employee participation in MSTS environment, safety, health, and quality initiatives. | - Be accountable for quality of work performed by the CT Training Program; compliance with applicable policies, directives and procedures | - Responding to employee questions, concerns, and issues or elevating as appropriate; | - Taking immediate action to correct reported or observed unacceptable safety and health conditions and/or behaviors | - Creating an environment where employees feel safe to raise issues, empowered to address issues, and supported to resolve issues and for overall performance of the department. | - Provide oversight of the financial health of the CT Training Program by working closely with Program Integration counterparts, Project Control Specialists and Business Managers to analyze actual execution spending against budget, forecasting of expenditures, and ensuring scope of work deliverables are being met. | - Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; develop personal growth opportunities. | - Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards. | - Conduct regularly scheduled engagement activities with internal/external management and senior-level customer representatives to facilitate successful project execution, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and contractual clarifications. | - Lead briefings and technical meetings for external representatives. | - Coordinate multiple projects with full responsibility for staff, material, budgets, and capital resources that may have an impact on the company. | - Responsible for all personnel actions within the department. | - Develop operating plans for the department that integrate into an overall Division. | - Responsible for execution of those plans. | - Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions. | - Create an environment where employees raise issues, address issues, and resolve issues. | - Ability to foster teamwork, coach, supervise, mentor employees, handle pressure, give constructive feedback, ability to delegate, and manage conflict. | - Perform other duties and actions as directed or assigned by your supervisor.
Supervise the Material Control and Accountability (MC&A) Material Control Program, including access control, material surveillance, material containment, and detection and assessment mechanisms. | - Supervise the MC&A Performance Testing (PT) program | - Work with the Performance Assurance Coordinator to develop appropriate MC&A specific PT plans and coordinate the conduct of PTs between the M&O and other outside organizations. | - Supervision and oversight of all appointed Material Balance Area (MBA) custodians. | - Ensure all MBA Custodians are appointed and properly trained. | - Assist in special inventories if evaluations do not resolve out-of-alarm IDs and/or abnormal situations. | - Participate in management assessments, procedure reviews, and other integrated MC&A projects/processes. | - Establish and implement controls and programs that limit access to nuclear materials (NM) and MC&A equipment, detect unauthorized activities involving NM and ensure NM are in their authorized locations. | - Resolve problems associated with physical movement and control of nuclear material, shipper/receiver differences and document flow. | - Participate in the development of security plans, surveillance plans and associated procedures as related to MC&A requirements. | - Maintain the status of and assist in the development of deviations in safeguards strategy to address areas where verbatim compliance is not being met. | - Assist in the development and review of all technical procedures and plans relating to nuclear material programs. | - Additional duties as assigned.
Serve as an Operations Command Center (OCC) Training Officer and alternate Duty Manager (when coverage is needed.) | - Develop and implement training and qualification programs for Operations Command Center Department using the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) methodology, including analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with applicable external requirements, company, and departmental directives. | - Provide instructor-led and hands-on instruction for small groups and/or one-on-one, as required. | - Serve as qualified Course Developer for new/revised training component projects (which may include some web-based training). | - Conduct, evaluate, and revise new and existing training components, and provide follow-up analysis of training results. | - Coordinate with appropriate outside training and educational organizations and agencies to evaluate and select appropriate external training resources when needed. | - Serve as qualified Program Developer for new/revised qualification program projects. | - Ensure currency of training materials to include course/program analysis documents, briefing outlines, lesson plans, presentation handouts, test examinations and/or examination banks, qualification/training programs, and training effectiveness tools. | - Complete company Training Officer Qualification Program. | - Complete OCC Duty Manager Qualification Program. | - Act as the initial point of contact for emergencies at the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS). | - Categorize and classify operational emergencies and, determine initial protective actions for emergencies occurring on the NNSS. | - Perform time-constrained internal and external notifications. | - Act as the OCC lead during drills, exercises, contingencies, and emergencies. | - Operate communications and data processing equipment; classified video conferencing equipment; Emergency Communications Network equipment; and, electronic notification systems. | - Maintain electronic logs. | - Assists in the preparation, review, and approval of functional organization implementing and supporting procedures. | - Work in a rotating shift environment.
The Instrument & Control (I&C) Engineer participates in planning, specifying, scheduling, designing, implementing, and commissioning Facility and Infrastructure design changes at the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS). In this role, the I&C Engineer must take a disciplined approach to evaluating existing conditions and devising upgrade designs to highly regulated nuclear safety related facilities. Familiarity with Department of Energy (DOE) or Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) regulated design changes is highly desirable. | This role requires a broad range of skills, knowledge, and expertise. These include: | - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IEEE) - 1012 Verification and Validation of software requirements, electric circuit analysis, specifying compatible electric and electronic components, network design, cable installations, and an understanding of process control (e.g., ventilation, hydraulics, electrical generation and distribution, Public Address systems, access control and security, and Building Automation). | - Skills needed to support ongoing projects include cable and conduit installation, field engineering, control system installation during sustained facility operation, testing and commissioning planning and execution, evaluation of existing field conditions against configuration managed design drawings and reconciling discrepancies. | - Working knowledge of Rural Electrification Administration and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). | - Experience with network diagrams, plan layouts, control schematics, subcontractor specification and technical oversight. | - Experience in Department of Energy (DOE) or commercial nuclear facilities is preferred. | - Highly desirable experience: Requirements traceability, control system component specification and selection; sub-contractor technical interface and oversight; field engineering support for construction and retrofits; motor controllers and Variable Frequency Drives (VFD); SCADA/DCS/System Integration working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC); Remote Terminal Units (RTU); Web Relays; Internet of Things (IoT) Devices. | - Serves as Technical Lead for major projects and startups. Initiates collaboration with partners external to MSTS. Leads collaboration to achieve mission execution. | - Ensures team’s processes and deliverables comply with laws, codes, orders, and MSTS policies and procedures. | - Develops new initiatives for additional scopes of work. | - Serves as an expert advisor to other personnel and management on difficult and critical technical issues. | - Mentors S/E staff and technical management in methods, processes, and best practices. | - Participates in business development, by defining customer needs, developing proposals and planning projects that will produce results meeting customer needs. | - Works with customer personnel to ensure their needs are clearly defined. | - Works with others to meet customer objectives. | - Applies knowledge and ingenuity to implement cutting edge, pioneering solutions in the technical arena, often in unexplored areas of investigation and research.