Due to the nature of our work, US Citizenship is required for all positions.
Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared to this level). Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, “Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at DOE Sites,” will be conducted. Applicant selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation, and subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, “Counterintelligence Evaluation Program.
Eligibility Requirements – To obtain a clearance, an individual must be a U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age. Reference DOE Order 472.2, “Personnel Security.”
MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
This position will support the Fire Protection Program, and the Fire Protection Engineer Authority Having Jurisdiction (FPE/AHJ) as a Senior Principal Fire Protection Engineer addressing company-wide fire protection engineering activities.
• Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Fire Protection Program to address: fire suppression systems, alarm and detection systems, fire barriers, and life safety design feature for all facilities, above and below grade.
• Provide oversight for program implementation through review of documentation, field observations of fire protection design, modifications, and installation activities.
• Assist in establishing, modifying and overseeing company policies and ensuring compliance with fire safety and fire protection program requirements.
Identify innovative and cost effective approaches to fire protection and life safety issues for projects and/or facilities.
• Oversee inspections, testing and maintenance of fire protection and related systems.
• Conduct technical reviews of fire protection drawings, calculations, reports, etc., as required.
Interface with internal and external customers to prevent and/or mitigate fire protection issues and determine compensatory measures for impaired fire systems.
• Identify and justify approaches that provide equivalency to requirements that cannot be met. Interface with design and technical authorities to maintain nuclear facility and project compliance as it pertains to configuration management, safety basis requirements, i.e. Documented Safety Analysis (DSA) and Technical Safety Requirement (TSR).
• Engage in associations, working groups, and boards throughout the DOE Fire Protection community.
• Identify risks and design features to aid in preventing, controlling, and mitigating the effects of fire.
• Work closely with the MSTS Fire Chief and Fire Marshal on fire protection AHJ reviews and determinations for noncompliance issues and challenges.
• Interface with DOE HQ, NNSA/NFO, and other fire protection representatives to meet requirements and objectives.
• Serve as an expert adviser to other personnel and management on fire protection technical issues.
• Provide guidance to senior management regarding strategic development opportunities using MSTS technologies and capabilities.
If you’re looking for an interesting, fulfilling career, you’ve come to the right place!
At Mission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS), we’re a dynamic team of employees who manage and operate the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS), formerly known as the Nevada Test Site. A premier outdoor, indoor and underground national laboratory for unique, high-level experiments, the NNSS has offices across the country, including Southern Nevada; Santa Barbara and Livermore, California; Washington, D.C.; and Albuquerque and Los Alamos, New Mexico. We’re dedicated to working together as a team to keep our nation safe. Join us!
MSTS is a limited liability company consisting of Honeywell International Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs), and HII Nuclear Inc.