Due to the nature of our work, US Citizenship is required for all positions.
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), plus at least 14 years’ relevant experience.
• Working knowledge of ASME Boiler and Pressure Codes directives is required.
• Demonstrate ability to interpret and apply in-depth knowledge of boiler and pressure vessel codes and standards.
• Schedule will be 9/80 or 5/8s.
• Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
Currently have or the ability to obtain a Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared to this level). Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, “Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at DOE Sites,” will be conducted. Applicant selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation, and subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, “Counterintelligence Evaluation Program.
"Eligibility Requirements – To obtain a clearance, an individual must be a U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age. Reference DOE Order 472.2, “Personnel Security.”
MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
The Boiler and Pressure Vessel Subject Matter Expert (SME) will be a Mechanical Engineer who has extensive working experience with the requirements of the ASME boiler and Pressure Code (BPVC), Section VIII and additional experience working with Boilers and Pressure Vessels that fall within the scope of Sections I, II, III, IV, V, VI, and VIII of the ASME BPVC. Knowledge and practical application of these sections is a key responsibility for this position.
• Act as the SME for standard and non-standard boiler and pressure vessels to address program implementation, which will include review of documentation, field observations of designs, modifications, and installation activities for boilers and pressure vessels.
• Assist in establishing, modifying and overseeing company policies and ensuring compliance with boilers and pressure vessel program requirements.
• Identify innovative and cost effective approaches to boiler and pressure vessel safety issues for projects and/or facilities.
• Oversee inspections, testing and maintenance of boilers and pressure vessels and related support systems.
• Conduct technical reviews of drawings, calculations, reports, etc., as required.
• Interface with internal and external customers to prevent and/or mitigate issues.
• Engage in associations, working groups, and boards throughout the DOE community with respect to boilers and pressure vessels.
• Interface with DOE HQ, NNSA/NFO, and other boiler and pressure vessel experts and representatives to meet requirements and objectives.
• Serve as an expert adviser to other personnel and management on boiler and pressure vessel technical issues.
• Provide guidance to senior management regarding strategic development opportunities associated with the boiler and pressure vessel program.
If you’re looking for an interesting, fulfilling career, you’ve come to the right place!
At Mission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS), we’re a dynamic team of employees who manage and operate the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS), formerly known as the Nevada Test Site. A premier outdoor, indoor and underground national laboratory for unique, high-level experiments, the NNSS has offices across the country, including Southern Nevada; Santa Barbara and Livermore, California; Washington, D.C.; and Albuquerque and Los Alamos, New Mexico. We’re dedicated to working together as a team to keep our nation safe. Join us!
MSTS is a limited liability company consisting of Honeywell International Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs), and HII Nuclear Inc.