- Bachelor's degree in an engineering program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), and at least 14 years’ relevant experience, including project management, and experience working in nuclear and high hazard facilities.
- Significant expertise in formality of operations, facility readiness and safety and authorization basis control implementation is required.
- Previous demonstrated success in managing key elements of large integrated experiments in support of the Stockpile Stewardship Program preferred, including experience in project execution and control, risk management, subcontract management, earned value management, and managing communications between project stakeholders and team members.
- Previous experience in down-hole and/or underground weapons testing environments is highly desired.
- Understanding of optical, radiographic, seismic and/or acoustic diagnostic equipment is highly desired.
- Must have the ability to influence in a matrix environment, and have demonstrated the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills, oral and written communication skills, goal-planning skills and customer interface skills are needed.
- Should be self-motivated and able to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Assignment will require the ability to work in a team environment engaging a broad range of professional scientists, engineers, and technicians.
- Ability to read and understand work orders, technical manuals, software documentation, procedures, diagrams and illustrations, blueprints, schematics and other technical information is desirable.
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared to this level). Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, “Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at DOE Sites,” will be conducted. Applicant selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation, and subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, “Counterintelligence Evaluation Program.”
Eligibility Requirements – To obtain a clearance, an individual must be a U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age. Reference DOE Order 472.2, “Personnel Security.”
MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a background screening, drug-free workplace.