- Bachelor’s degree in a geosciences, or in a calculus-based Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field plus at least 5 years' of relevant experience.
- Master of Science degree preferred.
- Experience in borehole geophysical logging and drilling operations.
- Knowledge and experience in developing electronic databases using Microsoft Access is preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint preferred.
- Working knowledge of web design and ArcGIS preferred.
- Proficiency in constructing 3D geologic models using EarthVision, Datamine Studio EM, or other similar 3D geologic modeling applications desired.
- Ability to execute work in a disciplined manner to demonstrate compliance with laws, codes, orders, and MSTS policies and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule multiple activities in the most efficient manner and meet required deadlines.
- Be team-oriented with good communication skills
- Ability to work closely with a diverse group of geoscientists to provide data, models, and related insights that address project and project scientists’ needs.
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared to this level). Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, “Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at DOE Sites,” will be conducted. Applicant selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation, and subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, “Counterintelligence Evaluation Program.” Eligibility Requirements – To obtain a clearance, an individual must be a U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age. Reference DOE Order 472.2, “Personnel Security.”
MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a background screening, drug-free workplace.