Qualified applicants will be considered for a position located at the Los Alamos Operations office in Los Alamos, New Mexico. The NNSS has offices across the country, including Southern Nevada; Santa Barbara and Livermore, California; Washington, D.C.; and Albuquerque and Los Alamos, New Mexico. There will be some travel as required to other NNSS office locations for meetings and training.
This position will perform duties as a Project Controls Specialist in support of projects under the Stewardship Science and Experimentation (SS&E) program within the NNSA Mission Programs directorate, as well as the Test and Evaluation (T&E) program under the Mission Execution directorate. This position will support and interface directly with the multiple Program and Project Managers in addition to functional team members and other Project Controls Specialists.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the development and maintenance of multi-year performance measurement baselines, including cost and schedule
- Support baseline management, including change control, risk management, subcontract management, earned value management, variance analysis, and estimate at completion
- Support the development and execution of program, project and functional planning
- Support for program/project teams in all phases of the project lifecycle (initiation, planning, execution, control, and closure)
- Assist Project Managers in developing metrics to support the measurement of performance to cost and schedule objectives
- Perform detailed analysis of project cost, performance, and forecasts
- Prepare reports to reflect program/project status, cost and schedule trends, funding and project uncertainties
- Support project deliverables and assist in the development of project reviews for internal and external customer briefings
- Support project/program by performing resource analysis and evaluation. Attend resource meetings, communicate with projects to determine resource requirements and preparing resource projections
- Accept individual responsibility and accountability for environment, safety, health, and quality processes within personal control, personal safety, and the safety of co-workers
- Comply with established regulations and procedures for environment, safety, health, and quality and perform duties in a way that will not cause personal danger, endanger other individuals, or violate environment, safety, health, and quality regulations
- Promptly correct or report any hazard or potential hazard to supervision
- Participate in and embrace MSTS environment, safety, health, and quality initiatives