- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an engineering program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), and 5 years’ related experience.
- Must have excellent oral/written communications skills.
- Must possess planning/organizing skills and initiative, and be capable of employing independent judgment and knowledge to ensure that requirements are completed efficiently and on time.
- Must be able to effectively deal with pressures of deadlines and multiple tasks.
- Experience with working in a team environment that includes scientist, engineers, technicians, and designers.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision in a dynamic multidisciplinary project environment with simultaneous commitments to performance, cost, and schedule.
- Experience using standard office software products. Basic knowledge of engineering equipment, software, systems, calculations, and applications of engineering methods.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, work independently, and work as part of a team.
- Must be able to execute work in a disciplined manner to demonstrate compliance with laws, codes, orders, and MSTS policies and procedures.
- Limited travel is required
Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared to this level). Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, “Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at DOE Sites,” will be conducted. Applicant selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation, and subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, “Counterintelligence Evaluation Program.” Eligibility Requirements – To obtain a clearance, an individual must be a U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age. Reference DOE Order 472.2, “Personnel Security.”
MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a background screening, drug-free workplace.