- Bachelor’s degree in a technical related field or equivalent training and experience, and at least of 5 years’ relevant experience that included at least 2 years’ related to nuclear facilities.
- Knowledge, skill, and ability in the field of quality control inspection discipline by passing an oral and written examination, as well as demonstration of proficiency.
- Experience interpreting national consensus codes and standards, in the applicable field of inspection (welding, pressure safety, materials testing, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, etc.) and preparing inspection plans, tests, check lists, establishing inspection set ups and techniques, and determining equipment to use.
- Supervision or surveillance over inspections and tests.
- Provide technical supervision and certifying lower-level personnel.
- Evaluate the validity and acceptability of inspection and test results.
- Must possess excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Must possess good problem-solving skills, integrity, and interperonal skills to communicate with customers, co-workers, management, and other personnel at all levels in a professional and efficient manner.
- Computer skills including work processing and spreadhseet softwaare desirable.
Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared to this level). Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, “Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at DOE Sites,” will be conducted. Applicant selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation, and subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, “Counterintelligence Evaluation Program.”
Eligibility Requirements – To obtain a clearance, an individual must be a U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age. Reference DOE Order 472.2, “Personnel Security.”
MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a background screening, drug-free workplace.