- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field and 5 years’ of progressive related experience, or equivalent training and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of technical principles, theories, standards, practices and procedures.
- Experience in communications or related discipline in Telephony or Communications Networks in addition to the formal certifications.
- Desired working knowledge of Standardized Network Design, SCCM, Encryption, Microsoft Active Directory, Network Security, QOS Theory and Implementation, Telephone switching, Fiber Optic Transmission systems. Routing and Switching products from a formal training institution or relevant experience.
- Microsoft Windows to include system architecture, configuration, file system structures and system management techniques.
- Must have working technical knowledge of Microsoft Window environment including Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Active Directory, Window 2008 Server, Windows 7, Windows XP, and Microsoft Office 2007.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN infrastructure to include fast Ethernet and TCP/IP. Desired knowledge of the Emergency Communications Network (ECN), RSL mission.
- Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license.
Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared to this level). Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, “Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at DOE Sites,” will be conducted. Applicant selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation, and subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, “Counterintelligence Evaluation Program.”
Eligibility Requirements – To obtain a clearance, an individual must be a U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age. Reference DOE Order 472.2, “Personnel Security.”
MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a background screening, drug-free workplace.