- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent training and experience and at least two years’ relevant experience.
- Candidate must have documented flight experience that meets or exceeds the following requirements: 1,500 pilot hours in Rotocraft helicopter category of which at 500 hours were logged as Pilot-in-Command (PIC).
- Recent multiengine land airplane experience with preference towards the B-200 turbine aircraft flown within the preceding two years.
- Other requirements include a thorough knowledge of FAA regulations, especially Part 91, General Operating and Flight Rules, and an understanding of public aircraft operations.
- Possess excellent oral and written communications skills and basic computer skills.
- Desired: Certificated Flight Instructor (CFI) and Certificated Flight Instructor Instrument (CFII) ratings in Helicopter and/or in Airplane Multiengine; FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) rating; 2,500 hours total flying time; 150 hours in Rotorcraft , helicopter category within the past 12 months; multiengine turbine time and/or formal training in the Bell 412, such as CAE, Flight Safety, etc.; 200 hours multiengine land experience within the preceding two years and have previous remote sensing pilot experience.
- Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license.
Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared to this level). Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, “Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at DOE Sites,” will be conducted. Applicant selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation, and subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, “Counterintelligence Evaluation Program.”
Eligibility Requirements – To obtain a clearance, an individual must be a U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age. Reference DOE Order 472.2, “Personnel Security.”
MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a background screening, drug-free workplace.